Review by kridz21 -- Catapulting Commissions

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kenna Ridzi
Currently Reading: Iron Gold
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenna-ridzi.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Review by kridz21 -- Catapulting Commissions

Post by Kenna Ridzi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Catapulting Commissions" by Anthony Garcia.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Catapulting Commissions by Anthony Garcia is a nonfiction book about setting sales goals and how you can improve your corporate business. This book promises to enable the reader to set attainable sales goals and raise commissions. Its purpose is to identify and explain a series of questions to ask yourself before setting your next sales goal. Over the course of 11 chapters, each focusing on a vital question regarding setting a quality goal, Garcia walks the reader through subjects such as your mental approach towards sales, targeting key actions, and putting together the support system you’ll need to succeed in sales.

In my opinion, this author succeeded in what he set out to accomplish. He went through all of the points he proposed in each chapter quite thoroughly and in simple terms. Within each chapter, there are smaller theories and tactics to help the reader break down the bigger ideas introduced in the book. There are several diagrams included in some of the chapters, giving visual aid and contributing to the subject being discussed. Examples are abundant in each chapter, ensuring that the reader has a good grasp of the topic being considered. The book takes on a friendly, humorous tone as if the reader is having a one-on-one conversation with the author, making it much easier to read and comprehend. One aspect of this book I particularly liked was that the author included many of his personal experiences, allowing the reader to relate to the author as a person and to understand that the author has experience in this field and has earned the knowledge he is sharing.

Regarding the author himself, Garcia has nearly two decades of sales experience to share. He has received accolades in several areas of sales such as direct sales and medical sales. Using his exposure in sales training, recruiting, and prior goal achievements, he has mentored hundreds of top-performing salespeople whose accolades have included rookie of the year, hall of fame, and national representative of the year. Because of these achievements, I believe that Garcia is amply qualified to write on this topic.

There were very few things to dislike about this book. I noticed only a couple of errors, which did not reduce my enjoyment of the book. There was a certain level of repetition in the questions discussed in each chapter. However, I enjoyed this book very much and all the new ideas and tactics the author introduced. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

I would recommend this book to people working in sales or interested in sales. Readers should be aware that this book was written as a guide to tactics to help you improve in sales and achieve your goals, not as a guide to sales. Whether you are just getting started in sales or are an experienced professional, this book will help guide you to getting the commissions you want.

Catapulting Commissions
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like that the book is aimed at the practical application of knowledge.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”