Official Review: Crushed dreams by Nimo omar

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Official Review: Crushed dreams by Nimo omar

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Crushed dreams" by Nimo omar.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

All people go through difficult periods in their lives. Some people barely manage to stay alive because of certain difficult events they have gone through. It is very difficult to remain optimistic in such situations, and there are few who manage to move forward. Crushed Dreams by Nimo Omar is a book in which the author describes the tragic consequences of a bomb attack she has survived in Ethiopia on her way home.

In this relatively short book, the author describes in detail her life in the first few months after the explosion. She states which hospitals she was in, which doctors operated on her, and how they treated her. She also discusses her physical and mental condition after the tragedy. Being an Ethiopian immigrant living in the United States, she also describes the various cultural prejudices she has encountered. She also explains the reasons for moving to the United States and describes ways she wants to help her family live a better life.

What I like most about this book is the author’s optimism and attitude. It is not easy to be strong-willed and have mental strength in such a tragic situation. I also admire her desire and persistence to become a teacher. The cultural prejudices she had encountered are one of the main reasons why she became a teacher. The book also contains photos of the author while she was in the hospital and photos of her injuries. I also really like the messages she gives to the reader. She emphasizes that people should never refrain from asking for help. She also notes that one should be careful when taking medications because it is easy to become addicted to them. The book is very emotional and can instill hope in people who find themselves in difficult and challenging life situations.

There is nothing in the book that I do not like. The author is a strong and exceptional woman with an inspiring story that can motivate many. I can only point out the fact that the book is not professionally edited because it contains a lot of grammatical and typographical errors.

All things considered, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. Due to the amount of errors, I cannot give it a perfect rating. The author's life story has really inspired me not to give up on my goals despite the obstacles that life brings me. I would recommend this book to anyone who needs motivation and to those who have experienced tragic events.

Crushed dreams
View: on Bookshelves
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

I hope the author can fix the errors you’ve mentioned because this sounds like an incredibly motivating book to help people overcome tragedies they experience in their lives. Thanks for the insightful review
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

After a bomb explosion, moving to another country is the only option. It is a stress, pain of a level one cannot fathom. Kudos to the Author for writing this inspiring book which tells her tale. Great Review!
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

Booklover Becca wrote: 08 May 2021, 10:44 I hope the author can fix the errors you’ve mentioned because this sounds like an incredibly motivating book to help people overcome tragedies they experience in their lives. Thanks for the insightful review
Thank you for stopping by! :D
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

Kavita Shah wrote: 09 May 2021, 02:15 After a bomb explosion, moving to another country is the only option. It is a stress, pain of a level one cannot fathom. Kudos to the Author for writing this inspiring book which tells her tale. Great Review!
Thank you :)
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Post by Peace Odii »

I went through difficult seasons in my own life. I hope to find similarity in this book.
Sakura5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakura5.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sakura5 »

I don't usually read biographies because I always fear I could never relate, but this one seems an inspirational story. Nice review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”