Official Review: The Luckiest Unlucky Man

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 798
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Official Review: The Luckiest Unlucky Man

Post by topdan30 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Luckiest Unlucky Man" by Zoltan Zavorsky.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Luckiest Unlucky Man by Zoltan Zavorsky is a non-fiction novel that expresses the life of the author, his experiences, and the stories he was told by his grandparent. The book was written to provide some funny and educational anecdotes about what he experienced, observed, and about his forefathers and mothers. The book has 32 chapters and 109 pages.

The author believes that life is a wheel that has luck on one side and misfortune on the other. The wheel is constantly rotating which means there are times when someone will be lucky and there are times when someone will be unfortunate. He also believes that humans are in eternal limbo between good and bad happenings. During his past decades, he experienced more than his fair share of unlucky occurrences. This qualifies him to be called an unlucky man. Somehow, things always turned out well for him in the end. This is because he has a fortunate innate ability to learn from these encounters. Therefore, this makes him also the luckiest man. This book was written to share his unlucky and lucky experiences.

I enjoyed the chapter on "the dawn of an athlete". The author carefully narrated his experience which was informative and hilarious. The scene was beautifully described in a way that I felt like I was there when it happened. I could picture the author in his Tarzan costume and also been humiliated at the end of the race. This is an awkward experience that almost everyone would have encountered during their childhood. I also enjoyed reading the chapter on "bad mistakes in judgment; one of which involves a straight razor". The author once again used his experience to explain that readers should beware of prizes that appear to be exceptional bargains because they will get what they pay for. He also used this chapter to prove a point that people should not judge a book by its cover.

The author used words that are simple and easy to understand in writing this book. He sometimes leaves the readers hanging as he let them use their imaginations to make up the moral lesson of some of the stories. This will make the reader feel a part of the book. All these made me enjoy the book.

I hate nothing in this book, and it was perfectly delivered by the author. I found no grammatical error in this book except some punctuation issues which may be a result of the author’s writing style. This book was professionally edited, and it was a light and short read. Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I will be recommending this novel to lovers of an interesting memoir.

The Luckiest Unlucky Man
View: on Bookshelves
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Scarbaby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scarbaby.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Scarbaby »

This memoir sounds right up my alley. I am very intrigued about the author’s perspective on being lucky versus unlucky. Thank you for a great review!
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

Things go wrong constantly and then work themselves out? I love it. I’m very intrigued to read about this guys life based on your review
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Kristy Khem »

What an interesting premise! I'd love to read about good and bad luck. I think luck is a mystical force that can be harnessed.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”