Official Review: PLANET Earth - One Day in School

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Official Review: PLANET Earth - One Day in School

Post by Okafor Prosper »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "PLANET Earth - One Day in School" by Rosemarie T. Cavalucci.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

PLANET Earth - One Day in School by Rosemarie T. Cavalucci is a nonfiction book that details the author's intriguing journey through life and towards consciousness. It is a journey that begins from her past life as Sarah, who was a slave on a plantation, and it takes us into her life as Rosemarie T. Cavalucci, born into a poor, large Italian family that migrated to Jersey City in New Jersey. We follow her through her childhood, growth as she experienced a lack of love and attention from her parents, her first out-of-body experience at a very young age, her friendships, romantic relationships, children, grandchildren, ideology, and spirituality.

The author has certainly lived a full life with experiences in different parts of the world and aspects of life that had me fully immersed while reading. One thing that stands out for me in her story and speaks volumes about the person she is today is her spirit of gratitude that ties everything together. In the spirit of appreciation, Rosemarie T. Cavalucci never misses the opportunity to give special thanks to everything and everyone that has led her to become who she is today, both good and bad regardless of the level of contribution, from her parents, close friends, people that played roles on her journey towards awareness, the Monroe Institute, and the Mile High Church she attended to her divorce, job losses, and even financially difficult times.

The author always had a unique way of seeing the world, and this was captured at different points in the book, which I found enlightening. She grew up in a home where the boys were always given preferential treatment and always wondered why that was the case. Later in life, she found herself having to break out of an unhappy marriage while showing strength as an independent woman to provide for her children. Seeing her never attach too much importance to money and material things also gave me a fresh perspective on life.

Furthermore, the author shows us her adventurous side while she engages in skiing, embarks on trips to interesting places in Chile and Argentina, and experiences the Monroe Introductory Workshop, where she had other more intensive out-of-body experiences. She also includes a lot of pictures in the book that bring life to most of the people and places we encounter in the book.

There are some significant negatives about the book, however. Firstly, the author seemed to drift from the stories she told on numerous occasions. A good example could be seen when she was narrating her trip with her sister, Gloria, and suddenly switched to her prior meeting with a psychic, which was completely unrelated to the trip, then she went back to the trip and suddenly to the times with her ex-husband. It seemed like Rosemarie T. Cavalucci either had so much to tell us that it was a bit difficult organizing it or she just wrote the book as it came to mind. The book's editing also presents cause for concern. I found over ten distracting errors while reading, and I strongly believe that the book will benefit from a professional editor's touch.

All things considered, I enjoyed reading PLANET Earth - One Day in School and following the author on her journey, so it would not be just to give the book the lowest rating. However, the negatives discussed above mean that I have to settle for rating this book 2 out of 4 stars. Lovers of memoirs and self-discovery books will enjoy this book.

PLANET Earth - One Day in School
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Dimi1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dimi1.html
Latest Review: One Woman's Long and Lonely Walk by Gail Hart

Post by Dimi1 »

It seems like a memoir that still needs work to be presented in an organized way to the public. Thank you for an invaluable insight!
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

I hope she fixed the problems you’ve described because her story certainly sounds interesting. Thanks for the honest review
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

I'm glad you did a review on this book, but I must say that I'm a bit confused regarding her past life as a slave and where? She seems like quite the interesting lady anyways and one whose positivity provides inspiration. Thanks for choosing this book to review! I will probably have to check it out. Plus, I'm confused/intrigued about the title!
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”