Official Review: Miracles in Marriage . . . and Other Lon...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Saint Bruno
2021 Reading Goal: 150
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: Never Take Your Life by Shirley Ann Rich
fav_author_id: 2484

Official Review: Miracles in Marriage . . . and Other Lon...

Post by Saint Bruno »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Miracles in Marriage . . . and Other Long-Term, Committed Relationships" by Lynn Macksey.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Committing to a long-term relationship like marriage is not easy, but, as they say, knowledge is power. So I am happy to inform you that Miracles in Marriage . . . and Other Long-Term, Committed Relationships by Lynn and Keith Macksey will equip you with the knowledge you need to make your marriage thrive.

Lynn and Keith have been married for over thirty-five years now. And though they have endured some trying times, the authors have experienced and are still experiencing unexplainable events best described as miracles in their lives. They agree to have caused hurt to others and also been hurt by others in relationships. Nevertheless, the authors wish to help readers understand that they can find exclusive treasures within the context of long-term relationships. Through their experiences and what they have learned, the authors intend to help readers form purposeful long-term relationships and enjoy the miracles therein.

Are you newly married or about to tie the knot with someone? If yes, please, let this be the first book you read after reading this review. This book contains invaluable tips, tools, and techniques to enjoy a fulfilling long-term relationship, especially marriage. The authors provide insightful lessons on topics like 'Respect,' 'Attraction,' 'Love,' 'Integrity,' 'Sex,' and 'Money,' to mention but a few. While the authors' teachings are the book's main essence, what I like most about the book is how refreshing their presentation is. The use of an exciting, conversational tone bespangled with humor makes the book a delight to read. The authors also use real-life examples, analogies, and conversations to make their points easy to understand. I especially liked how the authors used fictional conversations between the neocortex and 'reptilian' parts of the brain to explain how we can manage outbursts in relationships.

Furthermore, I liked the self-reflection exercises at the end of some chapters. Through these exercises, readers can examine and evaluate the state of their relationships and what they need to do to make them enjoyable. Also, I appreciate the authors' advice for couples to seek professional help from coaches if the need arises.

Most readers would wish they had read this book before they got married, but I am glad that the tips and lessons still apply to married couples. The authors' insights into the power of declaration are both eye-opening and inspiring. I have always known that there's power in the words we say, but Lynn and Keith have opened my eyes to the potency of mutual declarations made by couples in their marriages.

I am happy to report that I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Honestly, I count myself lucky for getting the opportunity to read it. The only thing I wished was better about the book was its formatting. The PDF version had very tiny fonts, and I couldn't find a table of contents to make searching for specific topics easy. Otherwise, there's nothing I disliked about the book. It is professionally edited, as I found only two errors throughout my read. Therefore, I rate Miracles in Marriage . . . and Other Long-Term, Committed Relationships four out of four stars. I highly recommend the book to couples who are about getting married or committing to a long-lasting relationship and readers that are already married. In fact, I earnestly implore them to read it and tap its immense value.

Miracles in Marriage . . . and Other Long-Term, Committed Relationships
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
WADonnelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wadonnelly.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by WADonnelly »

Although I am no where near about to get married I should keep this in mind for if I ever am! Great review to read, well done.
C3cilia
Currently Reading: My "enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c3cilia.html
Latest Review: Divine Simplicity Day 3...Unity In The Community by Yasher Echad El

Post by C3cilia »

The book is so informing and also helpfull especially due to the fact that it is a real life story. Am impressed by the fact that the author mentions that we have hurt other people and we ha also been hurt.Great review.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: Tales of the 70's by D.Done

Post by markodim721 »

The book will certainly be in a very high position on my list of priorities. Thanks for the great review.
Raluca_Mihaila
2021 Reading Goal: 60
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The City Of Mirrors
Bookshelf Size: 116
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Onward to Kolmothra Volume One by Brian Warf

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Marriage is always changing and adapting with new generations. However, the base is the same. I would love to hear about the secret of this wise couple. Great review!
Nqobile771
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading: Wilderness Cry
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile771.html
Latest Review: Can You Believe it? by Mark Vee

Post by Nqobile771 »

In times where people have lost hope in healthy marriages, where people hurt one another, betray and deceive each other, I am happy there are books like these. They bring hope. Congrats on a terrific review!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Booklover Becca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover-becca.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Booklover Becca »

This sounds like a great way to set a solid foundation to either begin a marriage or heal a broken one. Thanks for the great review!
MarianaFigueira
2021 Reading Goal: 200
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marianafigueira.html
Latest Review: List Life by Sophie Jackson

Post by MarianaFigueira »

I´m not even close to a relationship but this sounds amazing and useful. Thanks for the insightful review!
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”