Official Review: Unlikely Righteousness by Tina Kowalski

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 619
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Unlikely Righteousness by Tina Kowalski
Reading Device: Android

Official Review: Unlikely Righteousness by Tina Kowalski

Post by Rosemary Wright »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Unlikely Righteousness" by Tina Kowalski.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Unlikely Righteousness, by Tina Kowalski, unveils some special people in the Bible, whom the author refers to as "unsung heroes" because they are not being remembered or spoken about much. It tells about their trials, weaknesses, and strengths. In an analytical way, it reveals why they did some things, highlighting the consequences of their actions. In summary, the book tells about certain inspirational Bible characters, including their experiences and relationship with God.

At the beginning of the book, Tina unveils the issues she faced while writing the stories and then goes on to tell about her heroes one by one. Through these stories, she shows God's love for mankind, irrespective of their races, genders, or religions. Comprising 119 pages, the book reveals how one can stay in tune with God. In addition, it shows how God leads and protects those after his own heart.

Unlikely Righteousness is interesting and enlightening. The author presents the stories in an engaging manner. They are short, including only necessary details. To support her views, she includes Bible passages. What I like most about the book is that it has footnotes, which give additional information and the locations of the scripture verses mentioned in the text.

This is a good read, which reveals some persons in the Bible that I never saw as important. Containing thought-provoking questions, it examines their lives in a unique way, highlighting some valuable lessons learned from their experiences. My favorite story in the book is the one about Shiphrah and Puah, two Israelite midwives. Moreover, the author enumerates the lessons learned from each story at the end of it. Through them, I've learned more about fairness and how I can be the writer of my own future.

I love the book, but I don't like the speculations used by the author to fill in the blanks. According to her, the Bible does not give certain details (which she would have loved to know). Though the "maybes" make the stories more comprehensible, I don't really appreciate that element. For me, assumptions take away the sacredness from Bible stories. Anyway, that's how the author wanted her book to be, and she succeeded in getting her points across. However, if you can't tolerate the aforementioned feature, you may not enjoy the publication.

Overall, I rate Unlikely Righteousness 3 out of 4 stars. I couldn't rate it lower since it's well presented and inspiring. Besides, I didn't give it a higher rating because I noticed several grammar errors and typos, involving misspelled words and missing commas. Though they are not distracting, they need to be removed to make the book perfect. This publication will be a worthwhile read for readers who enjoy inspirational Bible stories.

Unlikely Righteousness
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: Tales of the 70's by D.Done

Post by markodim721 »

It is good that the book provides additional information, organized in footnotes, because in this way it is possible to read with a full understanding of the read text. Thanks for the great review.
Smmwallace
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading: Devil in False Colors
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smmwallace.html
Latest Review: Bird in a Snare by N.L. Holmes

Post by Smmwallace »

I like that the author chose to write about people that are less known in the Bible. I also appreciate that she reveals some issues she had while writing the stories. Great review!
Booklover Becca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover-becca.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Booklover Becca »

I love when people emphasize seemingly less important characters within the Bible. I think we can forget everyone’s who’s included is for a reason and I commend the author. Thanks for the great review!
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Asteroid Apophis Lord of Chaos by John S. Pritchett

Post by Kennedy NC »

Indeed the Bible has a lot of unsung heroes and I would like to hear the author's opinions on them. Great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”