Official Review: Truth has arrived by Steven Randolph

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Official Review: Truth has arrived by Steven Randolph

Post by Marcel Cantu »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Truth has arrived" by Steven Randolph.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“I would just like to say that I was treated like dirt, while I attempted to be on the Trump Campaign, and I was very sincere about getting Mr. Trump into office.”

Truth has Arrived by Steven Randolph is Randolph’s nonfiction expose on working with the Trump administration as a black American. In 2015, Steven Randolph had a premonition that Donald Trump would be the 45th president of the United States. This vision led Randolph to reach out to Trump and the author began supporting the presidential campaign however possible. The author began by attending rallies where he and his girlfriend were often the only black people in attendance and eventually traveled around the US to help and support the campaign. Randolph even provided information to the Trump administration about an international lottery app Randolph had created called the “The 1 Billion Dollar Lottery App” that was the author’s idea on improving the United States’ trillion dollars of debt.

Truth has Arrived is subtitled “Used, Abused, Ostracized, and Confused” and this is truly a summary of Randolph’s time working with the Trump Administration. Randolph recounts direct threats, stealing of intellectual property, vehicular sabotage, and even an attempt on his own life throughout his time volunteering with the Trump Administration. Randolph’s attempts to exercise his political rights were met with vivid hate and racism. These atrocious actions against Randolph were never even attempted to be reconciled and have been largely ignored, so in an attempt for some form of justice, Steven Randolph has detailed all of his experiences in this book, Truth has Arrived.

I thought this book was an interesting read. It was fascinating to learn about Randolph’s experiences and, though the contents are heartbreaking, I believe this book is a brave step towards accountability. What I dislike about the book was the unfinished feeling of many of the literary elements presented. The account was underdeveloped and confusing in some areas while being repetitive and over-explained in others. Photos were missing from the text and instead there were parenthetical sentences explaining the pictures that should be included but were not. I also thought that some of the topics could have been addressed differently. For example, Randolph says that “There was so much gayness in the Trump campaign that I felt extremely uncomfortable, to the point where I just wanted to get the hell out.” This quotation as well as several others made me uncomfortable while reading.

I would give Truth has Arrived by Steven Randolph a two out of four stars rating. I think it is important that Randolph tells his story. It includes compelling events to learn about and ones that demand justice. However, I could not give the book a higher rating for the reasons mentioned above. Additionally, this book contains a high amount of spelling and grammar errors that add to the confusion within the book. This book would need to be edited for clarity and revised in multiple aspects to achieve a higher rating.

I would recommend this book to people who enjoy nonfiction literature centered around politics. This would be a compelling read to those who are interested in learning about the Trump administration and the flaws and racism within this system.

Truth has arrived
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

This really is heartbreaking that someone who wants to genuinely help is met violence and hate. I hope the author fixes the issues you’ve mentioned. Thanks for the insightful review
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Thank you for the review. Hopefully, with another round of editing, the errors will be fixed. I don't read non-fiction, but this seems to be quite interesting. Important topics are discussed after all.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your informative review. Randolph is quite brave to share his experiences and expose the truth. However, it seems the book contains the author's undertone of discrimination, so I don't think it's a good read for me.
Jeff Kanda
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Jeff Kanda »

I don't really like politics so, I don't think the book fits me. Thanks for the detailed review!
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

I love nonfiction books, it is the politics that I am not too sure about. I may skip this one. But thanks for the detailed and insightful review.
Olgamiell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olgamiell.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Olgamiell »

I think the author is very brave, as describing his experiences must have been difficult for him. Politics are truly complicated subjects, but I'm glad this kind of books exists. But the quote you mentioned has made me uncomfortable as well. Thank you for an honest and thoughtful review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”