Official Review: Heart Ink by Jason Moppin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 509
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Official Review: Heart Ink by Jason Moppin

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Heart Ink" by Jason Moppin.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Is it possible to still hear God when He is calling out to you? In today’s busy world, it seems as if God no longer talks to His followers like He did thousands of years ago. Jason Moppin, the author of Heart Ink, tells his readers that God never stopped talking to them; they just haven’t listened to Him intently. In this book, the author talks about when he came to the Lord, how he helped other churches and people, and how he met his wife, to name a few. Jason also provides examples of people in the Bible that had strong faith, such as David, Job, and Daniel, and why their reactions towards the wills God had for them were so important.

The first thing that I noticed in the book was the way the author wrote his story. There are only approximately 140 pages in this book, broken down into forty-four chapters. This layout makes it easy to read the book in small sections and not get overwhelmed with the content. Repetition of ideas already presented does not exist in this book; the author ensures there is something new to talk about in each chapter.

The one chapter I was very fond of talked about the author’s wife and her reproductive problems. His wife was diagnosed with PCOS, which is short for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. This inclusion was unexpected but welcome, as I have this disorder too. The strong faith that Jason and his wife had when trying to conceive was astonishing and taught me a valuable lesson about listening and waiting for God’s will. Christian women who have PCOS and are having difficulty conceiving may find this book to be a breath of fresh air.

Truthfully, I thought that Heart Ink was a perfect book. The author is sincere with his testimonial and connects with his readers. While there is nothing that I did not dislike about the book, there were over ten grammatical errors. Another round of editing will help with increasing the book’s quality.

Using the comments mentioned already, I have to rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. If there weren’t over ten errors in the book, I would have given it a perfect score. I recommend this book to Christian readers wondering if God is still speaking to them and giving them instructions for their lives. Even though the author mentions the difficulties he and his wife had while trying to conceive, he does not provide details about sexual acts. Therefore, readers who are sensitive to this type of content do not need to worry about it being present.

Heart Ink
View: on Bookshelves
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Thanks for the review. I always heard that God hears us and now we need to listen as God speaks to us
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

Very thoughtfully-written review. It sounds as though the author was very purposeful in his chosen examples and it would be a great motivating book for Christians.
C3cilia
Currently Reading: My "enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c3cilia.html
Latest Review: Divine Simplicity Day 3...Unity In The Community by Yasher Echad El

Post by C3cilia »

I find the book well researched due to incorporation of bible stories.i totally agree with the fact that God has not stopped calling us but instead we are the ones who have not listened to him.
KanaSmriti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanasmriti.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior: Acolyte of Truth by Antoine Bonner

Post by KanaSmriti »

That's a different perspective of the author to understand this matter. We always blame God and never try to understand our mistakes. Thanks for the amazing review.
Stephanie Runyon
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The North Factor
Bookshelf Size: 1662
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Deadly Sexy Lizzy Vol. 1-3 by Michael Richey
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

A very thoughtful review. I hope the editing is done to make the book more effective. I like the additiion of how you connnected with the book's content on PCOS.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I don't think God has stopped talking to us, I think that because of the busy life you mention and our constant need to be surrounded by noise and information, we've stopped listening.
I hope the author fixes the editing problems, because it seems like an inspiring book. Thank you for your moving review.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Bertha Jackson »

I did not think I would be interested in this book, but after reading your review, I may check it out.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

Wow, the book's cover artwork drew my attention. Nonetheless, I sincerely hope the author corrects the editing errors. I liked reading your review, thanks for the same!
Cheryl Erickson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

This was quite a touching book review. The cover caught my eye but it was your book review that I loved the most. I am so glad that the author was able to provide a new perspective on what you are going through. What an inspirational story Jason Moppin has written in order to tell his story and help others through theirs. Well done.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 276
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Field Guide to Sinisters and Benevolents by Nancy L Vallette

Post by Christell Lindeque »

This book is interesting and I could understand why people wasn't listening to God, because they probably wanted everything given to them. Very interesting topic. Great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”