Official Review: The White Light - A Limitless Reality

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Official Review: The White Light - A Limitless Reality

Post by Prisallen »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The White Light - A Limitless Reality" by Helena Steiner-Hornsteyn.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

After several miraculous spiritual encounters with the “White Light” (God’s spirit that lives inside of us), Helena Steiner-Hornsteyn became convinced that there is a reality that most of us overlook. She eventually went back to school and got a doctorate degree in divinity. Upon recognizing her healing powers, she pursued a vocation as a healer and a teacher.

Her life includes numerous extraordinary occurrences, and this is just one example: One day, while driving rapidly in the second lane of a six-lane interstate highway in Miami, Florida, in bumper-to-bumper, rush-hour traffic, her car suddenly froze up—the brakes wouldn’t work, and the steering wheel wouldn’t turn. The automobile began edging over into the lane to her left. Unable to do anything to stop the runaway car, she gave herself completely to the White Light. Continuing to edge to the left and miraculously weaving between other cars, she safely reached the emergency lane and gradually coasted to a stop. In her book The White Light: A Limitless Reality, the author states the Light’s power resides in everyone, and she encourages us to access it.

Since it concerned her life, Rev. Steiner-Hornsteyn wrote the book from her first-person point of view. Her writing style is easily understood; her warmth and insight emanate from the pages of the book, making it enjoyable to read. The author describes her difficulty in believing what she was seeing and hearing at the beginning. As she began to accept the spirit, her skepticism diminished and her ability grew. Her story helps us to better understand what it is like to heal someone with God’s power. In addition, the author feels angels are around us and will offer their aid if we will ask (as she has been helped multiple times). She opens our eyes to a world with wonderful possibilities.

The author reminds us we are all made of energy and energy never disappears. She believes that the energy (the Light) will leave our body when it dies and usually returns to the source. However, it will come back eventually in another body. Therefore, she is a believer in reincarnation. The author also believes the hidden memory of a psychological or physical injury from a previous life may cause difficulties in the current one. Nonetheless, she doesn’t espouse a particular religion. Readers who don’t believe in reincarnation and would prefer not to entertain the possibility probably shouldn’t read the book. However, those who are open-minded and curious regarding others’ viewpoints and would like to read about some of the mysterious wonders in this world may find it enlightening and possibly even transforming.

I think the quotation at the beginning of the first chapter eloquently wraps up the author’s feeling about the Light:

“Within me there is a place
That knows all and sees all.
This is my inner Light,
The God Force shining within me,
This is my highest potential—
and my best friend.

Sadly, I encountered over ten errors, which is too many for the highest score. It could use one more round of editing. Because I found nothing else to dislike, The White Light: A Limitless Reality achieves a rating of three out of four stars. I happily recommend it to readers on a quest for spiritual growth, especially those open to believing there are more wonders in our world than most of us perceive. It is definitely very inspirational. Highly skeptical people or religious readers who don’t want to consider anything other than their current religion might not enjoy this book very much.

The White Light - A Limitless Reality
View: on Bookshelves
Zaeda Amrin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zaeda-amrin.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Zaeda Amrin »

Over ten errors is certainly a great concern that can overshadow the content itself, so it’s unfortunate this book had so many. The discussion of reincarnation sounds interesting. Thank you for the great review!
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your intriguing review. Helena's near-death experience and how she discovered the White Light's power sounds so fascinating.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

amrinzaeda wrote: 05 May 2021, 09:48 Over ten errors is certainly a great concern that can overshadow the content itself, so it’s unfortunate this book had so many. The discussion of reincarnation sounds interesting. Thank you for the great review!
There really didn't seem like a lot of errors; unfortunately, there were more than the number allowed. One more round of editing should take care of them. It is really a very interesting and inspiring book! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Sou Hi wrote: 05 May 2021, 22:53 Thanks for your intriguing review. Helena's near-death experience and how she discovered the White Light's power sounds so fascinating.
It was an intriguing book, and I thoroughly enjoy reading it. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

I hope the author gives the book another round of edits because this sounds like it’s an incredibly interesting story of her life. Thanks for the great review
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Booklover Becca wrote: 06 May 2021, 09:16 I hope the author gives the book another round of edits because this sounds like it’s an incredibly interesting story of her life. Thanks for the great review
It wouldn't take much to fix the errors. It was a very fascinating book!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”