Official Review: Anchored to the Savior

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
2021 Reading Goal: 80
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: The Process of Living by Bill DeBarba

Official Review: Anchored to the Savior

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Anchored to the Savior" by Patrick E. Harris.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Are you spiritually vulnerable? Do you desire to be deeply rooted in those attributes that help as Christians? Anchored to the Savior by Patrick E. Harris is a 15-chapter book that offers Christians the truth about Christianity and how one can achieve biblical salvation and make Heaven.

The author explained the literal meaning of anchor. Then, he likened it to Christianity, like a house with a firm foundation. In chapters one to five, the author explained the truth about Christianity through the scriptures. He further discussed God's personality. Chapters six to ten focused on the teaching of God’s grace and our sinful nature. Faith, sanctification, and recognition of Christ’s death were explained in chapters eleven to fifteen. The author also bolsters on the mission of soul winning and how to make Heaven. As a Christian, what is your primary purpose on the Earth?

Apart from the book being spiritually inclined, the author’s passion for the Christian race is enshrined in all the pages. The book was quite insightful and challenging. It provoked a sense of recognition of God’s grace in our lives and our responsibilities as Christians. The book can be used as a guide to understanding Christianity. Its contents are thought-provoking and refreshing. It gave me a hint on how to set things right. Therefore, I am rating the book 4 out of 4 stars because it is very educative. It touches all aspects of Christianity and teaches the reader how to build a firm foundation on crucial Christian topics like faith, God’s personality, grace, sanctification, and many more. This book contains the undiluted translation of the Bible, which is what I cherish the most.

I love that this book is written to boost the knowledge of Christ and understanding of the Bible. The most significant feature of this book is that Patrick E. Harris did exceptionally well in breaking down the Bible verses in every chapter and concluding each chapter with thought-provoking questions. It took me a week to finish this 86-page book. That was because every chapter of the book had a latent truth to unveil.

To be honest, there is nothing to dislike about the book. I enjoyed every bit of it. Also, the book is well edited because I notice only a few grammatical errors.

In conclusion, I must say that this book would go a long way in educating Christians. The book reminds us of our duties and the need to live up to the expectation. I had a wonderful experience reading this book. I strongly recommend this book to any Christian who long to have a solid relationship with God. However, other religions might not find this book fascinating.

Anchored to the Savior
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kavita Shah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: My Only Sunshine by Lou Dischler

Post by Kavita Shah »

A book that explains in depth about Christianity, that's great. Thanks for the review!
Booklover Becca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover-becca.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Booklover Becca »

This sounds like a clear explanation of Christianity, definitely what most Christians should take a look at. It’s on my must read list now. Thanks for the great review!
Mwatu
2021 Reading Goal: 12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwatu.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Mwatu »

I enjoy books whose flow is logical and this seems like such a book. It is lovely to read the author provides questions to absorb the material more. Thank you for this review!
C3cilia
Currently Reading: My "enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c3cilia.html
Latest Review: Divine Simplicity Day 3...Unity In The Community by Yasher Echad El

Post by C3cilia »

"As a christian what is our purpose on earth?".Christianity is likened to a firm foundation.Am happy that God's personalities were discussed.Wonderful review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”