Official Review: Good Gigs Bad Gigs by Piano Steve Lynch

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Official Review: Good Gigs Bad Gigs by Piano Steve Lynch

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Good Gigs Bad Gigs" by Piano Steve Lynch.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Good Gigs Bad Gigs by Piano Steve Lynch depicts the penchant and drive to achieve one's goal. Steve Lynch, a passionate pianist, started enhancing his talent in piano from a tender age and was raised by a family that supported him in building his talent. Unbeknownst to him, situations become nasty; he is faced with so many challenges in his music career that put his determination to excel to the test.

Steve Lynch, in the course of his career, met some talented people who played gigs with him. However, he was betrayed by them. Notwithstanding the setbacks, he continued his journey from one gig to another, facing different challenges. His strong desire to succeed led him to tour and perform in so many countries and cities. His love for American music drove him to ecstasy, keeping him far from home for over ten years. He had to make so many sacrifices that became significant in the latter part of his life.

I love music, and this book piqued my interest the moment I saw it. In this first-person narrative, the author created a precise scenario of the 1990s, depicting the lifestyle — from music to the outdated cars and phones in New York City. The author talked about his music journey in a way that would arouse passion and motivate anyone struggling to get their desired career on the right footing. He shared the good, the bad, and the ugly experiences of becoming a top-notch music icon. In Steve's world, music ruled supreme, and he spared no words to express this in his writing. The author's narrative technique was explicit, and the use of pictures made the story more assimilating.

Steve was clear about what he wanted to communicate in this book. The narrative centered on his love for music. However, the author also gave insight into his personality beyond music. The writing was clear and flowed seamlessly. The plot was also well arranged properly. The author's descriptions were fantastic; he made me develop a special love for the beautiful sights in Canada, Las Vegas, Japan, and other cities and countries he traveled to perform.

There are a few grammatical errors in the book. The editors did an excellent job of keeping the mistakes at a minimum. I recommend this book to lovers of music and a well-written autobiography.

I would rate the book 4 out of 4 stars because there was nothing I disliked about it. The writing was clear, concise, and straightforward, and the editing was professional.

Good Gigs Bad Gigs
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
WADonnelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wadonnelly.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by WADonnelly »

This is a detailed and well written review. A pleasure to read. Sounds like a great book too!
C3cilia
Currently Reading: My "enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c3cilia.html
Latest Review: Divine Simplicity Day 3...Unity In The Community by Yasher Echad El

Post by C3cilia »

I love Steven's resilience.He does not quit even after the gig betrayed him.It is also impressive that he is passionate with playing piano.Detailed review.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Music is a joy to hear to. The autobiography will make a good read. Thanks for the informative review!
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Kristy Khem »

It's always nice when you find a book that is based on something you like. I'm interested to learn about the author's musical journey.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

"His love for American music drove him to ecstasy, keeping him far from home for over ten years." I can never be away from home for that long but I guess he was really determined.Terrific review!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

I love when you can feel someone’s passion for their career in their writing. Thanks for the great review!
R_Ose
Favorite Book: Good Gigs Bad Gigs
Currently Reading: Sentience Physics
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by R_Ose »

I've read this book. It is certain to pique one's interest. I really do wish I was there in one of his gigs.
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

I love that this book bothers on determination and drive. Alot of lessons to learn about life and the path of success.
onyii_review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyii-review.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by onyii_review »

Are you a fan of music? Do you face challenges on a musical journey that may hider your musical goals and are you looking for ways to solve them? I guess this book should provide answers to that. Thanks for the review.
Uzzy_Reviews
GNerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnerd.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by GNerd »

I'm sure lovers of music will enjoy this book. I'll pass. Thank you for your review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”