Official Review: Is This It? by Adam Fitzpatrick

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Official Review: Is This It? by Adam Fitzpatrick

Post by Saint Bruno »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Is This It?" by Adam Fitzpatrick.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I have read a lot of self-help books that teach how we can become better versions of ourselves. Is This It? by Adam Fitzpatrick comes with the same message, but it carves a niche for itself by being both unique and relatable. In this book, the author shares tips and advice on how we can decide on the things that are really important in our lives.

The author recounts a time in his life when he experienced some circumstances that turned his world upside down. As a result, he questioned his purpose in life and was desperate to return things to normal. And despite his experience as a psychologist, he still struggled to steer things back to the way they were. Fortunately, that experience opened his eyes and taught him how to be contented and courageous to be the best version of himself despite the circumstances. Hence, Mr. Fitzpatrick seeks to teach and encourage readers to accept and celebrate who and where they are, notwithstanding the situations they find themselves in.

While I love that this author didn't try to hide his vulnerabilities and present himself as always on top of his predicaments, what I like most is that his lessons are so relatable. It felt as if he had me in mind while writing the book, and I am sure that most readers would feel the same way. The topics discussed in the book are things that you and I go through every day. Considering the diverse topics discussed in the book, readers would find something that resonates with them easily. I found the author's teaching on consciously living with passion and confidence to be very inspiring.

I must also commend this author's writing style, as it makes the book easy to comprehend and enjoy. His use of a conversational tone helped me to relax and feel the love behind his teachings. I also like that the book features contributions from some experts, health professionals, and successful individuals. They corroborate the author's teachings and provide diverse life examples and lessons that would make the book's lessons more relatable.

Furthermore, some pages of the book contain small sections that highlight the salient points therein. I really liked this aspect of the book because it provided me with messages to reflect on. After reading this book, readers would understand why some people lead happy lives despite disappointments and predicaments, whereas those who seem to have everything remain discontented. I learned how to manage my relationships, process overwhelming emotions, and develop a positive mindset.

In conclusion, I didn't dislike any aspects of this book. I also didn't find a single error in the book and must applaud its exceptional editing. The author's message is well organized, clear, relevant, and relatable. Hence, it gladdens my heart to award Is This It? four out of four stars. I highly recommend it to readers who enjoy self-help books that promote physical, psychological, and conscious strategies to get more life out of life.

Is This It?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Phoenix451
Currently Reading: Respect
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phoenix451.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Phoenix451 »

The title of this book is certainly tantalising. It sounds like you enjoyed and benefited from it. I must ask though, as someone who has bought many such books, is there anything new and particularly useful that would make it worth my while to purchase this one?
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

A book that makes you reflect upon its messages is a good one. At the first glance, I would say that this book is not for me, but after reading your review I think it might have some interesting aspects. Thank you for your recommendation!
MarveeAman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marveeaman.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by MarveeAman »

Nice review! this book sounds useful and worth of reading, I already add it to my shelf.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”