Official Review: Your Next Big Idea by Samuel Sanders

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bruin
Currently Reading: Cracking the Genome
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bruin.html
Latest Review: Havana 1995 -english version- by Ileana Gonzalez Monserrat

Official Review: Your Next Big Idea by Samuel Sanders

Post by bruin »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Your Next Big Idea" by Samuel Sanders.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Your Next Big Idea by Samuel Sanders is a comprehensive guide and workbook on how to train your brain to come up with effective problem-solving ideas. The book is written in six sections: Identifying problems, erasing stigmas, creating solutions, feasibility, personal interests, business ideas, sharing ideas, and planning the solution. Sanders explains, “Our ability to do something isn’t limited or restricted to the things we can do now. We can learn. You can train your brain to expand beyond your current abilities.”

What I liked most about this book is that it is also a workbook. In every chapter, there are many questions to answer that will help you to practice the skills soon after you read about them. There are thorough instructions on how to master each new skill and plenty of space to write down your answers. The skills you will learn can be applied to business solutions and personal relationships. Instead of being discouraged by obstacles, you begin to view each problem as an opportunity to make impactful changes.

The tone throughout the book is similar to a life coach or guidance counselor who is eager to share life-long skills and not just concrete solutions. Many of the exercises can be used in the K-12 classroom to practice how to think outside of the box. There are drawings, brain-teasers, and other creative challenges that were entertaining and insightful.

I highly recommend this book to readers who want to learn how to come up with creative problem-solving ideas. You will learn how to overcome any problem with a positive mindset. Sanders trains your brain to improve your innovation, creativity, problem-solving, and ideation skills. I do not recommend this book to readers who are not looking for a guide that is filled with activities to work on. This self-help guide stands out from others because there are many follow-up questions to guide your train of thought. You will learn more about yourself in this process and grow out of your comfort zones. There is nothing I disliked about this book.

I rate this book a 4 out of 4. It is engaging to read and the workbook format creates a fun learning process. There are no errors and appears to be professionally edited. Although this is a book about effective ways to come up with problem-solving ideas, Sanders insists that this book will improve many different aspects of your life. “It’s about challenging the way you currently think and getting you to think differently for the rest of your life.” You will uncover talents and ideas that you did not know you had.

Your Next Big Idea
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

This book looks like what I will pick up reading. I like self-development books a lot. Thanks for your concise review.
Petruschka1
Currently Reading: India in Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-petruschka1.html
Latest Review: Watchwords (black and white) by Philip Neal Gatter

Post by Petruschka1 »

Good problem-solving skills become ever more important in today's sophisticated world. A guide and exercises to develop a positive attitude and new skills is very welcome. Thank you for your review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”