Official Review: What Are Your Treasures?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
2021 Reading Goal: 80
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 339
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Into Light and Shadow by Dave Gordon

Official Review: What Are Your Treasures?

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "What Are Your Treasures?" by Cindy Barry Strobel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

One of the things that motivated me to pick this book was its title. Matthew 6:21 of the Holy Bible says, “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” What Are Your Treasures? by Cindy Barry Strobel is a nonfiction book that talks about the author’s experiences with life, her relationship with God, and her journey through Heaven.

The book narrates how the author grew up with love. As a young girl, she and her siblings were brought up with love from her parents and other relatives. They were brought up in the ways of the Lord. The author further describes these experiences as part of her treasures, which she holds dearly. While in college, she got into an accident that changes her life forever. She became significantly closer with God and started living her life solely in God’s direction. The book also discusses subjects like patience, forgiveness, and many more. Read this book to find out how the author’s detailed experiences helped her to discover her treasures.

The pictures used in the book created a visual image in readers’ minds and further confirmed the author’s claims. In all the pages where she described her upbringing experiences, she backed up her story with pictures as evidence. The author was also detailed in relating her experiences. She did well in explaining her experiences while in Heaven, the things she saw, heard, and did. Besides that, scriptural references are enshrined in all the book pages. Also, the book was well researched because the author cited other references to back up her claims.

The part of the book that caught my attention the most was the golden rule that the author crafted out from a Bible verse. It was the author’s yardstick to examine herself. That teaching was a source of inspiration to me. Also, the author’s explanation of his encounter with the golden fish was adorable. I enjoyed the author’s teachings on coincidences. What we think are the events that happened coincidentally, maybe that God is working out his purposes. We decide our plans, but God chooses the time and place to execute them. I love one of the author’s quotes that says, “be a treasure, make a treasure, find a treasure, witness a treasure and embrace a treasure.” These teachings were not only educative but also inspiring. Another positive thing about the book is that it is well edited. I only noticed a few punctuation errors. Based on these reasons, I am giving the book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. Readers can learn one or two lessons from the author’s vast experiences to value their treasures.

Also, there were pretty several significant people in the author’s life. Her mother, Maurine Barry, and her father, George, were her source of inspiration. Mutt and Frances Kersey, her godparents, remained dedicated despite her rudeness towards them due to the accident’s trauma.

I did not like that the author did not explicitly explain how issues eventually turned out with Dave, her husband. Other than that, I enjoyed every other thing about the book. Her testimonial account about Heaven was breathtaking. Are you down? Do you wish to convert those unbearable hardships into treasures? Then, I strongly recommend this book to you. Also, the book will appeal to lovers of inspirational and motivational books.

What Are Your Treasures?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Precious Naiti
2021 Reading Goal: 25
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Precious Naiti »

The Bible encourages us to teach our children the way of the Lord and when they grow up, they will not depart from it. I want to be able to raise my children in the right way and I think this book will help to point me in the direction i am looking for. I love the review.
GideonWrites Review
2021 Reading Goal: 24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by GideonWrites Review »

This book sound very helpful in the religious front. Good that you've found the book educative and inspirational.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”