Official Review: Unwind by Dr Tim Atkinson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 509
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Official Review: Unwind by Dr Tim Atkinson

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Unwind" by Dr Tim Atkinson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Stress and anxiety are commonplace in today’s world. Relationship problems, financial instability, and job security are just a few items that cause worry in people. Some Christians may want to use natural ways to reduce their stress without the use of medication. Unwind, written by Dr. Tim Atkinson, is a book that describes how to practice meditation over six weeks. The author presents new topics to focus on each week, including humility, forgiveness, and love. He cites verses from the Bible to support his claims of meditation playing a part in daily mental health and guides readers on how to master this relaxation technique.

What I liked most about this book was how simple it was to understand meditation. I have tried to practice it before reading this book, but I always struggled to do so. The author breaks down the process step by step, ensuring that his readers can grasp the information. Dr. Atkinson was very professional and gentle in his tone; I did not feel pressured to do a part of the process that I was not comfortable with yet. He says that readers should practice at their comfort level because they will benefit from meditation when actively enjoying it.

Another enjoyable aspect was the weblink to access audio clips for the meditation practices. The audio clips are smooth to listen to and free to access, which added to my enjoyment. The audio matched the text in the book; there is no new information presented to readers with these clips. Using them enhanced my reading experience and made the content more applicable to my life.

What is interesting is that the author included many citations from scientists regarding meditation in daily living. The article citations are provided to readers so they can read the articles for themselves. However, the book does not read like a textbook; it reads like a self-help book. These citations promoted the author’s credibility in what he was talking about, as he made sure to do his research before writing this book.

I tried to think of at least one thing that I did not like, but I could not. This book is well written, practical, and engaging. Based on the reasons above, it would be a crime to rate Unwind anything less than four out of four stars. This book would be excellent for Christian readers who are new to meditation and want a simple book to get started. Non-religious readers could take advantage of this book as well if they have an open mind. If a reader follows another religion other than Christianity, they may not enjoy it because the Bible is consistently used to explain the meditation practices.

Unwind
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Petruschka1
Currently Reading: India in Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-petruschka1.html
Latest Review: Watchwords (black and white) by Philip Neal Gatter

Post by Petruschka1 »

This guide to meditation with bible verses and audio clips is a great introduction to anybody new to the topic. I cannot think of a better way to relax than guided meditation.
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

Meditation has always interested me but i never get around to doing it. This book helps me feel motivated to try it. Great review!
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Kristy Khem »

I'm happy that this book portrayed the meditative process so easily. I love meditating and I'd like more people to practice it because it can help them with anxiety and stress issues. Nice review!
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

I've been meditating for a few months and it's had such a good impact on my entire body. So, I guess I'm reading this book. I'm looking forward to expand my expertise in the same. Lovely review right here!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”