Official Review: Clap If You Can Hear Me by Kelly Mitchell

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Official Review: Clap If You Can Hear Me by Kelly Mitchell

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Clap If You Can Hear Me" by Kelly Mitchell.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Clap If You Can Hear Me by Kelly Mitchell is a social commentary on the shortcomings of the American education system, its correlated problems, and feasible suggestions as well as practical steps on how to fix these issues. The problem starts from the foundational aspect of parenting. It extends to formal education in elementary and high school. Finally, it ends at the level of higher education, where students are ill-equipped, and colleges' structure and content are outdated. However, Kelly Mitchell does not just emphasize the problem. She gives logical and practical solutions, providing online resources to help parents, educators, and students take charge of their lives for a prosperous America.

Kelly Mitchell is forward-thinking in her approach to the problems facing the American education system. Her arguments are backed up with data and real-life examples that speak of her passion for change. Her personal experiences are also part of the examples used to drive home her point. Problems, causes, and solutions are tabled out clearly and concisely such that readers come away with the sense of being enriched and challenged. The knowledge in this book is broad, and I can guarantee that readers will come away with some new information and zeal to contribute their quota to the advancement of formal learning.

Apart from the clear and compelling nature of this book, there are many delightful resources with enabled links that readers can access at just the click of a button. There are links to government and private organizations' websites, websites to access data, and educational resources. There's a reference list at the end of the book, which once again attests to the volume of research the author has done to ensure that she is on the right track. The use of pictures to illustrate points is a testament to the validity of issues raised. I will summarize this book as helpful, insightful, and a delight to read. However, I have to mention that the topics therein are not to be taken lightly. If not dealt with urgently, the issues pointed out might lead to a total collapse of the whole system and not only the education system. Kelly Mitchell has provided the knowledge and resources; the onus is on us to act and do so as quickly as possible if the American dream is to be kept alive.

Apart from the plenty of errors in the book, the formatting was of great concern to me. It would be nice to properly separate chapters, probably with a blank page, and then have some pictures adjusted. However, I suspect that the arrangement is because it is an ebook; there is no title page, table of content, etc.

I will recommend this book to parents, educators, students, politicians, and those with a vested interest in education. Apart from dealing with issues in the education system, this book also provides practical guidance and advice on improving students' and citizens' quality of life. I would have given this book a 4-star rating, but the errors therein take off a point. So I'm rating this book a 3 out of 4. This book is a must-read for anyone involved in the decision-making process of the education system. It might help readers avoid some mistakes as they navigate the world and thus provide an opportunity for prosperity and the creation of generational wealth.

Clap If You Can Hear Me
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I appreciate this review. It sounds like an interesting read to place on my bookshelf for future reading. Thanks for tour input
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

Education is a very important aspect of personal development and nation building that it is always worth giving attention to. Great review.
prernarajput123
Favorite Book: The Girl On The Train
Currently Reading: Becoming Michelle Obama
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prernarajput123.html
Latest Review: Always Before Me by John Servant

Post by prernarajput123 »

The review is very well written. And the book seems promising in changing people's mind toward the education system. I liked the thought of the author that she mentioned the links to different platforms in her content.
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

The education system is quite important. Writing a book suggesting how it can be improved is indicative of her support for her country. A well-written review you have here.
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

I have heard a lot of jokes about how the American education system is poor but i never understood to what extent the joke was true. This book seems to shed light on everything about the Education system and I cannot wait to read the book. Amazing review!
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

I love that someone cared so much about the quality of education we receive to ink it. This review is an amazing one.
onyii_review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyii-review.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by onyii_review »

Mostly, everyone outside America believes they have one of the best academic structures in the world. Seems this book disputes that. Thanks for the review.
Uzzy_Reviews

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”