Official Review: "From Demons To Angels"(I Saw ...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading: Salt of the Earth
Bookshelf Size: 203
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Old Sins by Jaylynn Wylie

Official Review: "From Demons To Angels"(I Saw ...

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of ""From Demons To Angels"(I Saw Them)" by Allen R. Dillingham.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever been in a near accident, and something happened at the last minute and saved you? Or, have you felt scared and unable to move? Is it fate, luck, or destiny? Or, is it a result of angels and demons. In this book, Allen R. Dillingham describes his life events, including near-accidents and multiple surgeries; one surgery was for a brain tumor. Mr. Dillingham was a musician and a sinner who used alcohol and drugs. Then one day, he is spiritually saved and turns to God. Over time, he begins to slack off and does not think about God often, and does not attend church as he should. Then he swears he saw demons and angels. Did he really see demons and angels? Or, are they a figment of his imagination. Read "From Demons To Angels" (I Saw Them) before answering any of these questions.

There are multiple things I like about this book. The main one is that Mr. Dillingham does not push his beliefs. He matter-of-factly tells the reader what happened and leaves the decision up to you. The plot flows smoothly, in chronological order, and in enough detail that you feel Mr. Dillingham's emotions as they occur. The author provides pictures of angels, demons, and friends to help the reader visualize the events.

I was not too fond of a couple of things about this book, but the main thing was the number of errors I found. I found five errors which may not seem like many, but it is too many for a 92-page book. There are also a lot of blank pages in the book. I found those blank pages distracting to my enjoyment of reading the book. The PDF copy I read was from Salem Author Services, and maybe they were not finished. If they have only edited part of the book, it would explain why the first 40 pages were error-free and the last half of the book was not.

I can only give this book 3 out of 4 stars due to the number of errors and the book's blank pages. The book will deserve more stars once a professional editor has edited it.

I recommend this book to Christian readers who believe in God's power, angels, and demons. Some teenagers may enjoy the book, but it is deeply religious. Older readers will appreciate that the book's text is in 16 point font, which will make it easier for them to read.

"From Demons To Angels"(I Saw Them)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Precious Naiti
2021 Reading Goal: 25
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Precious Naiti »

I am a Christian and any book that makes me believe more an more in God is an interesting read. I feel like this is one of those books. Thank you for your review.
Smmwallace
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading: Devil Among Us
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smmwallace.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Smmwallace »

I appreciate that the author recounts his personal experiences but lets the reader draw their own conclusions. Thank you for your great review!
GideonWrites Review
2021 Reading Goal: 24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by GideonWrites Review »

This book may help those struggling to move closer to God and spirituality. These claims by the author piqued my interest to have this book as well.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”