Official Review: The Book of John lll (small Ls')

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nickolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 246
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Tinker Tailor's Toolbox by Lindy Jelliman

Official Review: The Book of John lll (small Ls')

Post by Nickolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Book of John lll (small Ls')" by John lll or John Moody Foster lll.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Book of John lll by John Moody Foster lll is a non-fiction book about the author’s approach to Christianity and some of his answers to life’s biggest questions. The author’s style is formal, didactic, and highly analytical, while this book touches on various subjects, such as philosophy, science, religion, and eschatology.

The author begins by rejecting the idea of Trinitarianism, as he believes that the Father is greater than the Son. He says that each person of the Godhead must be worshipped separately according to their roles in the Godhead. The writer focuses on the rivalry between Jesus and Satan, claiming that Jesus wanted to allow humans to have free will, while Lucifer did not, which is why he rebelled against God with a third of the angels. Moreover, the author highlights the significance of the resurrection of the dead, while he analyzes the concept of three different heavens, with higher heavens having higher glory. The author believes that unrepentant people will go to the first heaven after being tortured in hell. The second heaven is made for people who were not steady in their faith, while the third heaven is for those few who endure and persevere in faith.

There was nothing I liked about this book, as I only found negative elements in it. Firstly, the text was poorly structured, as it was confusing and lacked cohesion. The chapters were not organized properly, thereby not allowing the reader to communicate his ideas in a clear and concise manner. Furthermore, the book was awfully edited, as I found too many grammatical, formatting, and punctuation errors in it. At least another round of editing is necessary to improve the quality of this book. Also, the book was dull and boring in many parts, as the author failed to spice things up by adding interest, emotion, and excitement to the text. What I disliked most about this book was that the author did not provide sufficient arguments and research to back up his opinions, meaning that his tone was not persuasive enough.

This book will be most appreciated by readers who have philosophical and existential questions about their lives. Mormons will appreciate this book the most, as Mormons and Latter-Day-Saints have many common beliefs with the author.

All in all, I rate this book with 1 out of 4 stars. I gave the text the lowest possible score because it was incoherently structured, atrociously edited, and insufficiently researched.

The Book of John lll (small Ls')
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
kridz21
Currently Reading: Morning Star
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kridz21.html
Latest Review: The Greatest Game Ever Played...Maybe by Otto L. Wheeler

Post by kridz21 »

This does seem like a book only a few would find interest in, as it discusses a very strict and somewhat unique set of beliefs. Books in this genre are exceptionally difficult to hold the reader's attention for an extended period of time. Thank you for your review.
Precious Naiti
2021 Reading Goal: 25
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Precious Naiti »

Im disappointed that such a promising book was not thoroughly researched among other things. This review told me all i needed to know about the book.
Daya Maynard
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Daya Maynard »

It does apply to one believe but should have been reserched or looked into for more not a lot of peopl would see it as a good book but very few people would actually read this book
Smmwallace
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading: Devil Among Us
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smmwallace.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Smmwallace »

Unfortunately, this book is not for me. While I appreciate that the author appears to have put a lot of thought into his many ideas for the book, lacking reasonable arguments and research to back up those ideas is offputting. Thank you for your honest and excellent review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”