Official Review: Find Your Awesome by Daniel Ratner

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faithy_Goody_Star
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithy-star.html
Latest Review: Autism: One Grandparent's Roadmap by Geoffrey Robinson

Official Review: Find Your Awesome by Daniel Ratner

Post by Faithy_Goody_Star »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Find Your Awesome" by Daniel Ratner.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Find Your Awesome is a self-help book that is laced with the personal stories of the author, Daniel Ratner. The author revealed about ten secrets readers can apply in their life. By awesome, I mean the state of utilizing your potential, achieving your goals, becoming relevant in life, and living fully. These secrets cover an enormous range of subject matters, and they apply in several areas of life—career, personal, academic, and even relationships. Incorporated in these secrets are also the patterns of life the author adopted. Read this book and discover what the 10 secrets are, how the author applied them in his life, and how you can apply them in your life.

There are various lessons in this book. I learned, from another perspective, the relevance of being humble. Daniel gave different descriptions of a humble person, which I saw as conventional and unconventional. These descriptions made me question myself to see if I could fit into any of them, and I determined to do better in some areas. The importance of being nice to people and how it helped him have an advantage over his counterparts was revealed.

Have you ever set and achieved a goal, say a goal to work in a top-tier firm or even buy an expensive electronic device? How was your journey towards achieving that goal? Did you find it frustrating, tiring, and exhausting, or did you find it exciting? Now, how did you feel when you achieved your goal? Did you feel relieved, fulfilled, or indifferent? I find the above questions necessary to be answered or pondered upon because of the subject matter of the 10th secret. It was titled “Your Journey Is Your End Game.” For personal reasons, this is my favorite chapter and what I appreciated most in the book. This is so because I found it relatable, as I currently have a set goal, and after reading this book, I decided to change my approach towards achieving it.

Considering that I recently read a book that had lots of errors, it was relieving to read an almost error-free book. Thus, considering that I encountered minor errors and no frequently distracting errors, this book was professionally edited, and it only needs minor improvements.

Unique aspects of the life of the author were spread all over the book, but the most dominant is his experiences as a coin dealer. Although I found some of the information about coin dealing a bit vague and underwhelming, I could not find anything negative enough to deduct a star or more. Despite my tight schedule, I reasonably enjoyed and learned a lot from the secrets shared by the author, especially the 10th one, and I could read it repeatedly without getting bored. These are sufficient reasons for my rating of this book, which is four out of four stars.

Anyone interested in discovering these 10 secrets which will make them awesome will find this book helpful, and I recommend it to them.

Find Your Awesome
View: on Bookshelves
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

Thank you for this great review . Putting on my bookshelf for fire reading for sure
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

For future reading•
Judy Wambui 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Judy Wambui 1 »

I will read the book I need to learn alot nd be encouraged
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

This book will be a good resource for me. I am definitely taking a read.
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

It sounds like this book can teach some valuable lessons for everyday life.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”