Review by Victor Kimathi -- Let's Help You Self-Help!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victor Kimathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-kimathi.html
Latest Review: Let's Help You Self-Help! by Anthony Jacob Braaten

Review by Victor Kimathi -- Let's Help You Self-Help!

Post by Victor Kimathi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Let's Help You Self-Help!" by Anthony Jacob Braaten.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Let's help you self help by Anthony Jacob Braaten is a non-fiction handbook/guide that offers advice to readers who need help to declutter their lives and obtain a focus on their goals. The author shares some valuable practical tips especially on how to push yourself and stepping out to reach your full potential.

The writer starts by identifying the state in which the readers would be stuck and how to push through the ceiling. The material in the guide is presented flawlessly and with excellence such that the reader is fully engaged through the assignment given at the appropriate stages. The different steps are properly divided and explained. This book is a hand guide on how to go through all of them. The author's jokes and reference to relatable common truths pulls you the front seat experience to simple yet powerful advice that he gives.

There were several enthralling aspects of this book. To begin with, the book was professionally edited since I identified only a few errors in the script. Likewise, the writer exhibited confidence and excellence, as the text was very illuminating. Moreover, Antony Braaten shared some of his own stories, thereby conveying a sense of ingenuity to the material in the book. The best thing about the book was the step by step approach which made the reader walk with the author through all the levels. The twelve skills mentioned are also very practical on so many levels, are the contents of a full-grown responsible happy adult. It's a how-to be happy 101 guide whether be it now or in the future.

This book will be most enjoyed by young people and every person who is interested to get a clean slate and start all over. it doesn't matter where you are in your life, if you need a hand to pull you out of a pit or help you stand, then this is the material for you. Religious beliefs, or lack thereof, should not impede readers from taking a look at this handbook. The cover could use a bit of colour I found it to be a bit dull. The formatting of the chapters especially the titles could also have been a bit more centred to my liking. Apart from these two areas I loved the book entirely.

All in all, I rate this book with 4 out of 4 stars. I gave this book a perfect rating because it was professionally edited, well organised, original, and instructive.

Let's Help You Self-Help!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”