Official Review: A Blueprint of the Divine Plan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nickolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 252
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: A Blueprint of the Divine Plan by Donald Thomas

Official Review: A Blueprint of the Divine Plan

Post by Nickolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Blueprint of the Divine Plan" by Donald Thomas.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Blueprint of the Divine Plan by Donald Thomas is a non-fiction book about religion, truth, and wisdom. The author aims to answer many philosophical and existential questions through this book. Therefore, he writes in a formal, didactic, and persuasive tone.

The writer begins by questioning people's purpose on Earth. He asks the fundamental question of whether humans are an accident made by chance through Darwinian evolution, or if they are intelligently designed. He also proposes another scenario, which is often neglected, which is evolution directed by an intelligent being, namely God. Next, the author introduces the character of God, which he refers to as the ‘Most High’. He follows a Biblical approach in his explanations, highlighting the various theories on what the seven spirits standing before God as described in the book of Revelation represent. Moreover, the writer discusses the difference between mortality and immortality, highlighting that humans have a mortal body, but an immortal spirit made in the image of God. Next, the author analyzes the meaning of truth, signifying the difference between physical and spiritual truth. Also, the writer highlights that God is love, but He has also given humans spiritual laws to keep things in order.

I enjoyed several features of this book. To begin with, the author structured the text coherently and rationally, organizing the book into chapters that communicated cohesively with each other. What I liked most about the text was that it was persuasive and argumentative, as the author utilized objective facts to back up his opinions.

On the other hand, I also met some negative elements in the text. Firstly, the book was not professionally edited, as I encountered more than ten grammatical errors in the text. What I disliked most about the text was that it was dull and monotonous in some cases because the author frequently repeated himself. For example, he talks about truth in various chapters, thereby creating a sense of repetitiveness in the text.

This book will be mostly liked by readers who like philosophical questions and discussions on the debate between religion and science. Christian readers may prefer this book, as there are many Biblical verses in the text.

In summary, I rate this book with 2 out of 4 stars. I did not give this book a higher score due to its monotony and unprofessional editing. However, I decided it would be too harsh to rate it with the lowest score since it was logically structured and persuasively written.

A Blueprint of the Divine Plan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
kridz21
Currently Reading: Morning Star
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kridz21.html
Latest Review: House of Hoops by June Gillam

Post by kridz21 »

I like the sound of this book, it seems like it was a real eye-opener and quite inspirational. However, I agree that errors do make a significant impact on the overall quality of the book, I agree with your rating based on your review. Thank you for your review!
WADonnelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wadonnelly.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by WADonnelly »

It is such a shame about the editing and monotonous parts of this book as I thought it had a promising premise. Great honest review though!
C3cilia
Currently Reading: My "enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c3cilia.html
Latest Review: Divine Simplicity Day 3...Unity In The Community by Yasher Echad El

Post by C3cilia »

The origin of man has always been a subject of discussion.It's great that the author was able to give all the possible argument but still stressed on the fact that God is the most high.Great review
KristyKhem
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: The Progressive Bead by Barbara Vaughn

Post by KristyKhem »

Ah, the age-old question upon which science and religion continues to argue - Did humans evolve or were we created by God? This book explores an interesting topic. Thank you for your review!
Booklover Becca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover-becca.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Booklover Becca »

It’s such an interesting topic that I hope the author can fix the problems you’ve mentioned and maybe take out some of the repetitiveness. Thanks for the honest review

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”