Official Review: RISE by Cynthia Gomez

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Saint Bruno
2021 Reading Goal: 150
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: Is This It? by Adam Fitzpatrick
fav_author_id: 2484

Official Review: RISE by Cynthia Gomez

Post by Saint Bruno »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "RISE" by Cynthia Gomez.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

RISE: A Call to the Light Tribe by Cynthia Gomez is the author's call for us to collectively realign ourselves with our true purpose. The author calls the reader's attention to the fact that our world is progressively falling apart. Therefore, the onus is on us to change the narratives and usher in the 'New Earth.' However, Ms. Gomez informs us that we must first change ourselves from within and cast light upon the shadows that work against the balance, abundance, and peaceful coexistence of all our Earth's elements.

This self-help book also seeks to guide readers on how to realize their purpose through spirituality. The author uses her knowledge in Reiki and other mediums to help readers explore their untapped powers and be the chosen ones to heed the Earth's calls.

Firstly, I must say that the author's message is both relevant and thought-provoking. I learned a lot from Ms. Gomez's insights into the soul, Karma, and Gaia. I also found her teachings on forgiveness, trust, gratitude, and love to be very inspiring. What I liked most about the book was how thought-provoking the author's lessons were. For example, the author teaches that you should trust that what you are experiencing is meant for you. This book provides a different approach to how we perceive pain, loss, and disappointment. It would promote a sense of purpose in individuals. As a result, I enjoyed how the book helped me to accept and be at peace with whatever I have gone through in life.

Furthermore, I enjoyed how well organized the author's thoughts were in the book. It is like a progressive course that prepares the reader for the task ahead. I love how it helps the reader to relate to the author's intention for writing the book. More so, there's something for everyone in this book. You don't need to be an energy master or a believer in reincarnation to find something that would minister to you in the book.

Nevertheless, I didn't enjoy that the book was hard to understand in some parts. Especially at the beginning of this book, I found the author's explanations confusing due to her complex writing style. I think the author is assuming that all of her readers are knowledgeable in the subject she discusses. And this leads to the supply of overwhelming amounts of information to the reader at the same time. I had to reread some of the sentences to understand the author's point. Fortunately, once I read past the beginning parts of the book, her explanations flowed seamlessly.

In conclusion, I am rating RISE: A Call to the Light Tribe three out of four stars. It seems professionally edited since I found only an error throughout the book. I knocked a star off the book's rating due to how hard it was to understand in the beginning. However, the pros outweigh the cons, so it doesn't deserve a lower rating. I recommend the book to open-minded readers interested in understanding their purpose, especially those willing to play their part in bringing the 'New Earth.'

RISE
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mtibza eM
2021 Reading Goal: 66
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Supreme Realisation
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom! by Trish Ostroski

Post by Mtibza eM »

Ok, your review is so beautiful and has actually enticed me to get this book. I can't wait to start on it. Thank you for sharing. You write so magnetically. Keep it up.
RayRuff
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading: Twilight of Innocence
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayruff.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by RayRuff »

Wow. Thank you for writing the review. You made a book I wouldn't typically pick out sound great!
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
raluca_mihaila
2021 Reading Goal: 60
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: A Man Called Ove
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by raluca_mihaila »

Finding your true purpose is not an easy task, and I applaud the author for trying to bring love and forgiveness in the world. I appreciated reading your honest and inspiring review, congratulations!
Rwill0988
2021 Reading Goal: 52
Currently Reading: La Cité des Âmes Perdues
Bookshelf Size: 467
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rwill0988.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Rwill0988 »

The book sounds inspiring. I usually don't read self help books but have several finds who might love this. It is always good to know that a book gets better or in this case less confusing. Thanks for the insightful review.
“Give me a man or woman who has read a thousand books and you give me an interesting companion. Give me a man or woman who has read perhaps three and you give me a very dangerous enemy indeed.” ~ The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: To Tell A Tale by Griffin D. H. Murphy

Post by Marcel Cantu »

I enjoy self-help books and the different thoughts they present. I'm glad this one presented ideas in a way that are thought-provoking. I enjoyed reading your review!
Suzer6440 xyz
2021 Reading Goal: 25
Favorite Book: The Girl Who Lived
Currently Reading: Waves Break (on Unknown Shores)
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: How My Brain Works by Dr. Barbara Koltuska-Haskin

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I really enjoyed your review. I have a comment on one of my reviews from you and looked at this book you reviewed and it is so well written and interesting. Well organized and thought out.
Thank you for pulling me in and giving this book a chance. Currently putting on my bookshelf and am excited to read this soon. Thanks for the great review :)
smolbird
2021 Reading Goal: 25
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smolbird.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Hayfields by Vincent De Young
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by smolbird »

I like how inspirational this book sounds. However, I can already tell that I won't agree with everything in the book as I don't believe that every hardship in life is 'meant' for you. Regardless, I enjoyed reading your review.
"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Albus Dumbledore

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”