Official Review: Rise and Conquer by Juan Partida

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
prospero360
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prospero360.html
Latest Review: Katja and I Our Love Our Life Our Story by Dieter Hoffmann

Official Review: Rise and Conquer by Juan Partida

Post by prospero360 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Rise and Conquer" by Juan Partida.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We all have aspirations in life. Do we get to achieve these aspirations? How many times have we had to give up on our dreams because, for some reason, they seem unachievable. Even science says that "only eight percent of people achieve their life goals." That is quite a low number and can be discouraging to think about. Nevertheless, we must continue to follow our hearts. The first step to embarking on this journey will be working on our mindsets, and on that note, Juan Partida offers his book, Rise and Conquer: The Unrivaled Mindset and Self-Discipline to Achieve Your Wildest Goals.

The book's title is indeed self-explanatory and gives you a detailed view of what to expect from the book's pages, which aims at improving your mindset, taking responsibility, and even creating and executing a master plan to achieve your dreams.

Straight from the first few pages, the author does well to remind you of whose fault it is that you have not achieved your dreams. It may seem offensive to some readers to find out that the fault is theirs, regardless of whatever excuse they may have, but the author is unapologetic in his tone, as he hopes to drive home some harsh truths that will wake readers up to reality. He maintains this tone throughout the book, and it came across to me as a genuine attempt to help readers change their mindsets and boost self-confidence. This was my favorite aspect of the book.

Another thing readers can expect is the constant use of relevant popular stories to pass the author's message. We get brief glimpses into the lives of people, like Tyson Fury, Jeff Bezos, Mark Spitz, and Brian Acton, illustrating the power of taking responsibility, perseverance, having a vision, and understanding that failure is a part of being successful and not the opposite. The stories made the book more relatable for me. I would have appreciated the inclusion of some stories that showcased the author's lessons from a woman's perspective, however.

Concerning editing, I found just two minor errors in Rise and Conquer: The Unrivaled Mindset and Self-Discipline to Achieve Your Wildest Goals. Therefore, the book is professionally edited. I also learned a few new things that I am excited to apply, including using the "Vision Fulfillment Pyramid (VFP)" and understanding delayed gratification. Most of the information in the book is not new, but it's Juan Partida's overall delivery that makes the key difference here and ensured that I came out of the experience of reading this book inspired and ready to achieve my goals.

I cannot think of anything I dislike about the book. On that note, I rate this guide four out of four stars. Readers who enjoy reading inspirational books and want to achieve any dreams will benefit from this book.

Rise and Conquer
View: on Bookshelves
Vkaur
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vkaur.html
Latest Review: Tinman by Karen Black

Post by Vkaur »

Sometimes a punchy attitude is what one needs to take the message home about whose responsibility it is, so I understand the author's tone. Illustrations of actual people is a great way to convey his arguments, adding something more original to what, as you said, seem like nothing new. Thank you for your great review!
Latest Review: Tinman by Karen Black
prernarajput123
Favorite Book: The Girl On The Train
Currently Reading: Becoming Michelle Obama
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prernarajput123.html
Latest Review: Always Before Me by John Servant

Post by prernarajput123 »

The review is very well written and it seems the novel promises to make the reader a better version of himself/herself. In this world of daily bustle and chaos it's true we make number of excuses to not complete a particular task so I hope after reading this book I could turn my words around and say everything is possible and we can achieve our goals.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”