Official Review: The Philosophy of the Universe and the D...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Verna Coy
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verna-coy.html
Latest Review: The Fate of AI Society by Kenneth Hamer-Hodges

Official Review: The Philosophy of the Universe and the D...

Post by Verna Coy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Philosophy of the Universe and the Dimensions of the Multiverse" by Aaron Joseph Olivier.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Philosophy of the Universe and the Dimensions of the Multiverse by Aaron Joseph Olivier is a scientific and spiritual study. It introduces and proposes the author’s theory regarding the concepts that make up our known universe. His approach redefines our universe and explains that the five dimensions cannot exist without each other. One supports the next, and so on.

The author presents his extensive research into nature, religion, philosophy, mathematics, and geometry. He takes readers on a journey that shows how he learned about mankind and the ancient systems of belief spanning throughout history to the current day.

The first part of Olivier’s hypothesis is that all religions come from the same source. I’m not sure how that would resonate with many believers of different faiths. I was skeptical of that thought. Mainly because there are existing religions that live by the concept of “convert or die.” This fact seems to make that theory untenable at best. That said, there are some aspects of this book that inform and educate. I enjoyed those sections.

What I liked most about this book is that it is well researched and presented in the format of a scientific study. The elements of hypothesis, theory, and conclusion help readers understand that the author is making suggestions for philosophies and thoughts without declaring any set rules or absolutes.

I appreciated the studies that presented simple examples between so many religions. They ranged from examples such as pagan and Norse. Many others were featured that aligned so closely that they seemed to support some part of the author’s theory that they originated from a common source. The evidence of history, when quoted from multiple sources, lends weight to any argument. This writing style made the book more interesting and added authenticity that might have been missing otherwise.

All in all, this is an informative book. While I cannot say that I ascribe to all of its ideas or theories, I came away from this book with a newfound perspective of the author’s views and how he felt they might affect mankind. The chapters that shared his insights regarding the effects of giving up caffeine and fasting were fascinating. I enjoyed learning about the chakras of the body and how they connect with meditation. The sacred geometry and dimensional physics studies were interesting but slightly confusing. The illustrations helped a little with that. Although the book speaks about sacred sexuality, there no sex scenes of any kind and no profanity.

I found only a few minor errors in the book, so it is exceptionally edited. I recommend it to readers who enjoy scientific and religious theory backed up with research and references. Despite the all-inclusive concepts offered herein, I have to warn that there are some ideas in this work that religious readers may find offensive. The idea that all religions are one may bother some readers, and if that is the case, they may need to avoid this book. Some of the author’s theories seem to bulldoze their way through faiths in this manner. For that reason, I am rating this book with 3 out of 4 stars.

The Philosophy of the Universe and the Dimensions of the Multiverse
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
smolbird
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 264
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smolbird.html
Latest Review: Pariah by Robert C. Swetz
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by smolbird »

While I like the concept, I find myself hesitant to read this book because of how it is presented as a scientific study. I think I won't enjoy it as much because of that. Nonetheless, thanks for the review!
"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Albus Dumbledore
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I've been doing some comparative religious study lately. This might be interesting to read.
LeighBee
Currently Reading: Mistborn
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leighbee.html
Latest Review: To Own Two Suns by F. E. Tabor

Post by LeighBee »

I've always been fascinated by the idea that all religions could be one (ever since I read The Chronicles of Narnia as a child), so I think this would be interesting in that aspect. I also appreciate a book that introduces new theories with research to back it up that could potentially improve my life. Thank you for your review!
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

I like how this book is well researched and I believe that if i read it, i will be introduced to a whole new world I haven’t thought of before.
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

This sounds like an interesting book. It seems like it covers a lot of topics and that it draws information from many different sources. Interesting review!
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”