Review by Bookreaderforlife -- Create the Life You Want

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bookreaderforlife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreaderforlife.html
Latest Review: Create the Life You Want by Raymond P. Gerson

Review by Bookreaderforlife -- Create the Life You Want

Post by Bookreaderforlife »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Create the Life You Want" by Raymond P. Gerson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Create the Life You Want by Raymond Gerson was an inspiring and informative read.

I chose this book because I was intrigued by the title and the idea of how to find a fulfilling career. The author suggests that each person look at their life and analyze their strengths, hobbies, and goals. The premise being, that if you find a job that fits your lifestyle and is something you enjoy, your job will be rewarding.

I especially liked chapter 2 which prompted me to observe myself and pay attention to all the things I naturally do well. To list the activities I become so engrossed in that I lose all track of time.

Many times throughout the book, the author emphasizes the importance of positive thinking and how it affects our minds and bodies as well as those around us. He also stresses the importance of regulating what you allow into your mind. What do you read, watch on t.v., or listen to from others?

Much of his writing is akin to the Law of Attraction. I'm not into that New Age belief system, but I was still able to glean many helpful tidbits such as discovering what I am passionate about and how to find a career that will echo that.

All in all, I give this a 4 out of 4 rating. Regardless of your belief system, I believe there is something for everyone here.

At 64 pages (on my Kindle), it's a brief, inspiring book that teaches you how to create and attract the life you want. One of my favorite quotes in the book is "Life is precious, uncertain, and all too brief. Doing work you love that uses your best talents will enrich both your life and the lives of others."

Create the Life You Want
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”