Official Review: Break Those Damn Rules by Lynn Erasmus

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Official Review: Break Those Damn Rules by Lynn Erasmus

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Break Those Damn Rules" by Lynn Erasmus.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Break Those Damn Rules by Lynn Erasmus is a self-help guide to reclaiming your true self. Life experiences may seem to have cast a shadow on your dreams, but all hope is not lost. In fact, your destiny is in your hands. All you have to do is let go and trust. Lynn Erasmus's journey to self is beautiful as it is inspiring; the highs and lows, the joys and the fears, every single 'meaningful' moment of her life are gifted to us. We see a soul willing to break the rules and a clear path inviting us to partake and be free. An invite is pending. Are you willing to break some damn rules?

This book's beauty lies in the author's choice of openness; she shows her humanity, fears, and weaknesses. Readers can easily appreciate her journey. The reader can relate to her thought process, and her personal stories do not shy away from the message: despite past mistakes, setbacks, and negative emotions, there is hope. The capacity to excel resides in anyone hidden, scourged, or perhaps broken by life experiences. But nature is always on our side; all you need is a leap of faith. Believe and trust that nature will honor your intentions and while you wait, be grateful. Of course, this journey won't be easy; there will be doubts and frustrations along the way. However, the rewards of joy, peace, and a sense of purpose await those who make this beautiful choice. It is a journey, not a destination, and you are stronger than you think.

This book spoke to me on a personal level. The positive vibes might seem cliché, but there is a balance of realism and hopeful enthusiasm. Her personal stories are so encouraging; her life struggles are things we might have experienced or seen around us. Her passion for mentoring and motivating sips through the pages, and every word hits home. The 21 steps to overcoming and breaking the rules are clear and practical. They are easy to follow, and the results are measurable. Lynn Erasmus, in shining her light, has permitted others to follow suit.

This book's organization is top-notch, such that the reader easily flows with the ideas in the book. It feels like listening to a friend telling you about their journey and showing how you too can get there. There is a balance between what is real and what is expected. It does not assume that all is perfect; it believes that perfection is attainable and life is not complicated. It is a beacon of hope in a world where tribe mentality is seen as superior to self. At the end of the book, there are 40 life lessons; they summarize the pointers to look out for on the journey to self.

There are many errors in this book; they are so glaring, to say the least. One of them is the mention at the beginning of the book that the Sahara Desert is in Namibia. Really? This is a costly mistake to make, as this book is a documentation of the author's stories. I feel a tad disappointed because a simple Google search can help. However, I hope this will be corrected soon if this book is to be taken seriously. There are also many grammar and typo issues with this book. Apparently, this book can use another round of thorough and professional editing. Considering these negatives, I rate the book three out of four stars. I'm fractionally close to giving it a 2-star rating, but that will be a little harsh.

Overall, the book is thought-provoking and inspiring. I recommend it to those looking for peace and calm in a chaotic and pretentious world. For folks on the journey to discover their life purpose, it is a practical guide, an easy read, and a motivation source.

Break Those Damn Rules
View: on Bookshelves
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

Sometimes only when we break rules and stereotypes society has put on us can we really discover our true selves. Great review.
Masekake
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-masekake.html
Latest Review: Tales of the 70's by D.Done

Post by Masekake »

Sounds like something I would want to read, the way you describe the book is perfect: sounds interesting and worth the read. Great review.
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

It's difficult to share our struggles but when we do, we might not know who we'll be lifting by telling them. Great work you did here.
onyii_review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyii-review.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by onyii_review »

Nice review. Quite articulate. I think this is a book that will be ideal for people struggling to know their course in life.
Uzzy_Reviews

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”