Review by Cruisemomma -- Create the Life You Want

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cruisemomma
Currently Reading: A Bridge Through Time: Book 1 of the Thistle & Hive Series
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cruisemomma.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Review by Cruisemomma -- Create the Life You Want

Post by Cruisemomma »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Create the Life You Want" by Raymond P. Gerson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raymond P. Gerson’s Create the Life You Want helps the reader understand how achieving personal and spiritual happiness begins with intentionality acts. What does that even mean, you might ask! Gerson explains that it starts by developing an enriched dialogue with yourself and others with affirmations of worthiness.

The author introduces how one can construct the desired life by answering questions that generate a map for the reader to find expertise. Gerson emphasizes the importance of seeking feedback from others and their assessment of your good qualities and skills. He incorporates many of his life’s challenges and successes as a reference point in developing a plan to find a dream career. Towards the end of the book are recommendations on integrating a spiritual connection with higher consciousness to find one’s partner.

This book is a short read packed with inspiring words meant to transform the reader’s thinking to induce positivism. The author uses quotes from famous people to compliment his suggestions. He highlights how negative thoughts will reap undesirable outcomes. Likewise, positive thinking generates a sense of accomplishment and healthy relationships. The book flows with careful, sensitive, and comprehensive reasoning overcoming fear and becoming the persons we were meant to be.

The book was very well-edited, with only one instance of a misspelling. The use of simple language and rationales offers guidance on seeking a salubrious occupation and love interest. There is no profanity of any kind and zero sexual content. I would recommend this book for all ages as the author’s message and intent are for youths and adults to gain personal insight into having a happy relationship and profession even when counselors are unavailable.

It is my pleasure to rate this book 4 out of 4. There is nothing I disliked about the information and stories shared. Each chapter flows well, and trigger words draw out emotional responses; charged words like inner beauty, addiction, self-worth, and imperfection. I was pleasantly placed into a mindset that was enriching and productive. I especially enjoyed the questions that begin the process of understanding how to focus on positive affirmations.

I felt many different emotions answering each question. Gerson’s style is pleasant and upbeat. The energy produced by these emotions must transfer to others and is a catalyst for change and influence. The approach is gentle, empowering, attainable, and is useful for anyone wanting to help others; becoming a counselor or coach can make a world of difference in someone’s life.

Create the Life You Want
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”