Official Review: Profiles of Kentucky's US Senators 1792 ...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Official Review: Profiles of Kentucky's US Senators 1792 ...

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Profiles of Kentucky's US Senators 1792 to 2020" by Paul Whalen.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Profiles of Kentucky's US Senators 1792 to 2020 by Paul L. Whalen is a detailed biographical essay of everyone who has represented Kentucky as a senator in the United States Senate. It begins from Kentucky's creation as an independent State till the date of this book's publishing.

The book profiled these senators and shined a light on their lives, services, contributions, and activities while in the Senate. It gave specific details of those who were not well known. These not-so-popular senators either had short tenures or overwhelming personalities as their predecessors. It also provided a brief biography of their individual lives before being elected into the Senate.

The author presented this book's information in a well-detailed and well-structured format. He classified the senators in their successive order and clearly stated the periods they served, their political affiliations, and the president(s) and governors(s) with whom they served. This chronological arrangement helped me flow with the book.

The book was captivating and detailed, as the author divided it into parts, giving an overview of the state of the political, economic, and sociocultural affairs in the State. This gave me insight into what to expect of the senators as they carry out their constitutional responsibilities.

One thing that stood out for me was how the author expatiated on these senators' decisions on the Senate floor and why they made them. Though they were separate individuals, I could see a typical pattern that Kentucky senators have established over the years. After reading this book, the reader might predict what to expect from a Kentucky senator.

The author had a clear idea of the information he passed in his book, and he delivered it with aplomb. I wasn't expecting to see high drama, twists, and turns. My basis for judging this book was the author's attention to detail — and he didn't disappoint. It was apparent that he did extensive research on the subject matter of the book before writing it. He was also creative enough to pass the information in a way that would be generally understood. Both citizens and non-citizens of Kentucky and the United States would understand the Senate's workings from this book.

The only thing that gave me concern was that some of the words used in the book would be difficult to understand without using a dictionary. This dampened the flow a bit, as I had to take breaks to look up some of the uncommon words. There were also a couple of errors in the book. However, it wasn't enough to take the book to the gallows. Therefore, I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I'd strongly recommend this book to anyone seeking to study or know about the Kentucky senators in the United States Senate. Students of political science would also find this book to be an excellent addition to their study materials.

Profiles of Kentucky's US Senators 1792 to 2020
View: on Bookshelves
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

Books on politics are eye opening. How the government works is a must-know for everyone. I must commend the authors detailing and wealth of knowledge.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”