Review by Molz_20 -- A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Molz_20
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-molz-20.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Review by Molz_20 -- A Dream For Peace

Post by Molz_20 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Dream for Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

This is a life story of a man who was committed to his life course irrespective of the difficult circumstances he encountered. Born in a colonized Algeria and raised by a single parent, he had an ultimate dream of liberating his mother country from decolonization by the French. However, his dream was not only for his country to be free but for all African Nationalities and he also addressed Global issues. Dr. Ghoulem Berrah, an ambassador, freedom fighter, activist, diplomat and advocate for peace. He studied medicine and worked as a medical doctor until he could no longer ignore his higher calling. After 2 years of practicing medicine he dedicated his life to changing the system of oppression in African countries. He contributed in resolving Israeli-Palestinian conflict. He later received a fullbright scholarship to study at the university of US. It is during this time he will become the first scientist to give a hypothesis on what was identified as a "Reverse Transcriptase Enzyme." Among many of his achievements he became a diplomatic advisor to the Ivorian President, Houphoet Boigny.

I am not one to read books about Politics so I was sceptical when picked up this book, but I must say, once I started reading I was captivated by the inspiring story of Dr. Ghoulem. I especially enjoyed learning about Algeirs journey to independence which he helped spearhead. His hard working, never to give up attitude and how he will strategically solve issues his brothers and sisters were facing was so brilliant. A journey to a free and peaceful world does not come without struggles. His jail experience and separation from his wife did not deter him from continuing with his purpose to serve.

I appreciated the fact that what he was teaching it was exactly how he lived his life. For example, a devout Muslim who was married to a devout Catholic demonstrating we can all live in peace and harmony. Also partnered with a friend to build a Catholic church and a Mosque. He sought to understand others and their culture. He believed in tolerance for other religions and faith, after all we believe in one GOD.

The book is written in such a way that the chapters do not carry onto the other, they can be read separately. This makes it easier for readers to choose a chapter of their interest in case they do not want to read the whole book. The use of images makes it interesting to read breaking the monotony. I really have nothing negative to say about the book. Therefore I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book is professionally written with no use of vulgar words.

My favourite quote reflecting that Dr. Ghoulem Berrah was a selfless man and full of compassion is found in page 98 " I dream of the day when I can give a bowl of rice to each citizen of China before they go to sleep"

I will recommend for those interested in politics and history, especially post colonial history of Africa to read the book. As well as people who like inspirational books.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”