Official Review: “In Search of Jesus of Nazareth an...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Guda LM
2021 Reading Goal: 22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guda-lm.html
Latest Review: Spiraling by Constance Salemi

Official Review: “In Search of Jesus of Nazareth an...

Post by Guda LM »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "“In Search of Jesus of Nazareth and His Original Teaching”" by Paul A Weekes.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Search of Jesus of Nazareth and His Original Teaching is a book that seeks to analyze and explain three different aspects of Jesus. Paul A. Weekes goes about this by defining the three faces of Jesus. They are the Theological (defined by various Christian teachings and theologies), Historical (from historical and archeological finds and records, such as Jesus’s tomb), and Spiritual Jesus (from the usual spiritual and religious teachings).

Paul explains and backs up these concepts by analyzing the writings of various gospel verses and teachings. He focuses on the Gospels of John, Mark, Thomas, and Mary Magdalene. Further, Paul compares the Gospels of Mark, Luke, and Mathew, to deduce their meaning and implication in relation to the divinity of Jesus, for example, the baptism. Did Jesus receive the Spirit only at his baptism, or was he divine right from birth? The Gospel of Thomas is a Coptic papyrus manuscript discovered in 1945 at Nag Hammadi, Egypt. It reveals more about the lesser-known teachings of Jesus, the Kingdom of God, and achieving spiritual existence.

The author begins by introducing his spiritual journey and the thoughts behind this book. It contains detailed and relevant references and citations. This speaks positively of the book’s validity and accuracy of the provided information. The author also simplifies the writings and presents them in a light and informative way. In Search of Jesus of Nazareth and His Original Teaching is a guide to prompt one to think more about Jesus and biblical teachings. It is short enough to provide information and give one room to internalize and do more research.

What I love most about this read are the pictures that accompany the texts. They act as visual aids to help one understand the texts and adds more life to the book. Additionally, the photos have color, making the writing more appealing. There is nothing I dislike about the read; it is for curious and open-minded individuals. However, I did note that the book contains many blank pages, which I think are unnecessary and unsustainable, especially in hard copy format.

The book is professionally edited, and I did not find any errors. The language employed is simple and free of any profanities. Additionally, there are no sexual or sensitive descriptions within the read. In Search of Jesus of Nazareth and His Original Teaching further provides the full texts written by Thomas and Mary Magdalene. It also has notes like the definition and significance of the Eye of Horus. I, therefore, give it a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this short read to anyone with the urge to know more about the aspects of Jesus and the Gospel teachings.

“In Search of Jesus of Nazareth and His Original Teaching”
View: on Bookshelves
Pandora10
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading: A Vanishing Kind
Bookshelf Size: 67

Post by Pandora10 »

I enjoyed the well written review of this book "In search of Jesus of Nazareth and His Original Teaching". It would be interesting to find out the author's thought's and analysis on this topic.
GreatReviews
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greatreviews.html
Latest Review: The King of May by Matthew Tysz

Post by GreatReviews »

I love reading about this kind of book that does analyses Jesus diety. Well done on the review

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”