Review by hnjoroge840 -- Wilderness Cry

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
hnjoroge840
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hnjoroge840.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Review by hnjoroge840 -- Wilderness Cry

Post by hnjoroge840 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wilderness Cry" by Hilary L Hunt M.D..]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wilderness Cry by Hilary L. Hunt M.D is a book that covers a wide range of subjects. It addresses issues about evil, personal development, marriage, the bible, intellect, free will, among other subjects. As the book begins, the narrator was depicted as a naĂŻve child who just followed the teachings of the church. For instance, he used to fear the Holy Communion for the fear of chewing and swallowing Jesus. As he grew up, he becomes more enlighten and married at the age of 22 years. Being a strict follower of the Catholic Church, his marriage faced some hardships. He could not go for family planning, and, this led to having so many children. He struggled in giving them proper education, good nutrition, and so on. His family life led him in seeking answers to his unending questions about values and beliefs, thereby ended up exploring a variety of approaches including the Bible.

The author’s quest and thirst for knowledge were captivating. In his dire need to seek the answers to his questions, he did thorough research into Bible. He describes his analyzes in a concise way that made the reader go through them with a lot of ease. His approach was so good that I kept on reading the book without being bored. In addition, the author’s capability to explain the different discrepancies was explicit, one could compare and contrast the Old Testament with the New Testament and have a clear picture of God and how He works. For example, God was described as a vengeful God; in contrast, God is seen as a very merciful and loving God. These are, therefore, the things I liked most in the book.

Nonetheless, I had an issue with how shallow some topics were. I feel the author could have given more details to elaborate more. Despite this, the author’s audacity to share his controversial thoughts about religion is adorable.

I would recommend this book to all who would be held up down by their religions and religious doctrine that goes out of the way and dictates their lives. Anyone who would like to expound on their religious boundaries would find this book the best fit for them.

I found no obvious errors or typos in the book. Thus, I can say without any fear of contradiction that the book had been professionally edited. For this reason, I would rate the book four out of four stars.

Wilderness Cry
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”