Review by Nikowl7 -- Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikowl7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikowl7.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Review by Nikowl7 -- Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Nikowl7 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wilderness Cry" by Hilary L Hunt M.D..]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe by Hilary L. Hunt examines the relationship between God, humans, and the universe. It reflects in a lot of subjects that can be found in the Bible, like the Trinity, Eternity, the nature of evil, the legal system, marriage and sex and free will. The author dedicated all his time to philosophically and scientifically researching these topics.

What I loved about this book is that Hilary L. Hunt manages to descant on a lot of sensitive subjects and remain unbiased throughout his examination. It was really invigorating reading a book that it was not subjective to personal views and societal restrictions. The author makes the reader wonder and asks questions. He provides his perspective of the world and guides us to self-reflect and evolve. It arouses our mental and emotional state and challenges us to meditate on that. We ponder about our relationship with the universe and God and what is the role we are called to play in this. We ask questions about our own existence, our actions and if truly free will exists. I loved this part of the book the most, since it is a question, I find myself often think about. Another aspect I truly enjoyed, was the combination of science and religion. At one point the writer claims that ‘’…what I call continuing creations, others call evolution’’. I found this sentence exceptionally powerful and I really admire the message he is trying to send to his readers.

Moreover, he is not afraid to ‘touch’ sensitive subjects, analysing them in relation to society and on a more personal level. He is always backing up his point of view with evidence either from the Bible or from his scientific research. I admired his writing style, especially for its simplicity and clarity. It is an informative and gratifying book, in which the reader can learn a lot of new things. In the end, we realise that everyone’s perception of life is different and should be respected.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, mainly because I honestly could not find anything to dislike! It is a non-fiction book, professionally edited and suitable to anyone who is seeking to explore new meanings in his/her life. It has lots of compelling aspects worth exploring and it is most definitely an amazing book worth diving into!

Wilderness Cry
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mtibza eM
2021 Reading Goal: 66
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The LadyKillers War
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Mtibza eM »

I have seen this book recently but I skipped it. But after reading your review, i might give it a chance. Thank you for sharing.
Nikowl7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikowl7.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Nikowl7 »

You're welcome! I totally recommend it!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”