Review by hnjoroge840 -- A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
hnjoroge840
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hnjoroge840.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Review by hnjoroge840 -- A Dream For Peace

Post by hnjoroge840 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A dream for peace: An Ambassador memoir is a novel that narrates the enigmatic life of Dr.Ghoulem Berrah. First and foremost, he was born during the colonization era of Algeria by the French. He was raised by his mother and was the only son. He acted as an essential activist in the struggle for the liberation of Algeria from the French colonists. Dr.Ghoulem Berrah had circled the world forty times and finally settled in the United States. As the plot unfolds, we learn that He had married three times and only fallen in love once. Furthermore, he had several accomplishments in his life. To begin with, He was the special advisor of President Houphouet- Doigny, the Ivorian president. Besides, he was elected an associate member of the Sigma xi society, and later become part of an international multidisciplinary research society and a fraternity for eminent scientists, among other several achievements.

While reading the book, I could not help identifying some incidences that I liked the most. Firstly, the narrator’s ability to use suspense made me want to know more and more. A good example is on page238 when the parents of Titi- Dr. Ghoulem Berrah’s fiancée and the love of his life failed to acknowledge their relationship, and they had to sacrifice their love and go separate ways. There is a lot of suspense during this incident; for instance, what would happen to their love? How will Titi’s parents’ react? All this suspense made me want to read more and more. Also, I liked the great writing skills of the author and his ability to use a story within a story to unfold series of events throughout the entire book.

Despite the awesome writing style of the book, I could also identify a few errors in the book. For example, there were several instances where the writer started a statement with conjunction. For instance, on page 7, the writer starts the sentence with a conjunction- because. I have also identified a misspelled word on page 5, the writer writes reliying instead of relying.

Despite the few errors named above, I would rate this book four out of four. The book has been professionally edited. There is no evidence of obvious errors in the entire book.

The best audience of this book would be the historians and everybody who loves to know the history behind the decolonization of Algeria and the African countries at large.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”