Official Review: Your Costly Blood Covenant by Joel Cupps

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 509
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Official Review: Your Costly Blood Covenant by Joel Cupps

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Your Costly Blood Covenant" by Joel Cupps.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When it comes to living as a Christian, walking with the Lord can be a monotonous and dull task as time goes on. This walk can become as habitual as brushing your teeth upon waking up in the morning. Joel Cupps realized that many followers of Jesus Christ take the gift of salvation for granted and do not fully understand the significance the blood covenant has on their lives. With this realization came the birth of his book Your Costly Blood Covenant. In this book, believers can read examples and instructions for living a life with their relationship with Jesus as the centerpiece.

The author made many compelling points about living as a Christian that were easy to digest. My favorite part of the book was the third chapter that talked about the importance of names. Joel says that God's name does not have as much significance as other names for Him, such as Elohim, Jehovah, and Yahweh Shalom. He also gives examples of men in the Bible that were named based on their identities. This chapter was enlightening to me and taught me something about names that I have never considered before.

Another favorite aspect of the book were the examples of the men that understood the significance of strong faith in God. King David, Isaac, and Abraham were the men that caught my attention the most. Today's believers follow the New Testament's teachings, but the author clarifies the idea that the Old Testament is equally important to study as the New Testament. He was never judgmental when stating the significance of this part of the Bible, effectively connecting with his readers.

Because Your Costly Blood Covenant talks about Jesus Christ and Christian beliefs, it is best suited to newer believers in Him or veterans of the Christian faith. Readers that do not believe in Jesus or follow different religious ideas should skip this book. There are no mentions of any violence at all, so readers do not have to be concerned with this.

Sadly, I found over ten grammatical errors in this book, indicating that it wasn't professionally edited. These errors force me to rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. If it weren’t for these errors, I would have given this title a perfect score. There was nothing that I disliked about this book. I learned many things about strengthening my faith in Jesus and have plans to tell my Christian friends about it. Because of this, I can see this book becoming the centerpiece of a Christian Bible study group because of the lessons taught within its pages.

Your Costly Blood Covenant
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”