Official Review: My Fellow Americans: I Am an Angry, Tire...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 798
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Official Review: My Fellow Americans: I Am an Angry, Tire...

Post by topdan30 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "My Fellow Americans: I Am an Angry, Tired, Black Woman" by Marjorie J Frazier.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

My Fellow Americans: I Am an Angry, Tired, Black Woman by Marjorie J. Frazier. This is a novel that shines more light on the history of America and its role in slavery and racism.

Marjorie J. Frazier is an African American woman who is a born citizen of America. She was born in the Late Baby Generation (1958 – 1964). Her grandfather was born when racism was at it's peak and had to pass through a lot to succeed. This was a time when minority races encountered mass racial maltreatment under the Jim Crow Laws. She witnessed some of this racial treatment throughout her life in America. She shares her view on the history of America right from independence through the American Civil War, and to the present day of Donald Trump and the 2020 election. Furthermore, she poured her heart out in words, and poems and also stated in detail the biography of some American presidents, slave traders, and abolitionists. Marjorie also explained why she is angry and tired as a black woman living in America.

This book is informative in its own way as it vividly states the history of America while also stating in detail the biography of the presidents and some influential people in American history. This made me enjoy the book. The author also put her thought and views into some aspects of the story to point out the racism involved in American history. All the details provided were well researched and accurate. The author also used a writing style that brings life into the book as she added various pictures of people mentioned and even documents stated in the book. The book also talked about current issues like Black Lives Matter, COVID-19, and the 2020 American Election.

This book has 257 pages which were written with a large font size, and it has 15 chapters. Each chapter was given a topic that clearly states what the chapter contains. This helps in preparing the heart of the reader for what to expect in the chapter.

The thought and views provided by the author, especially about Donald Trump were a bit controversial. People can tend to have varying opinions about it. This is the only issue I had with this book, and it did not stop me from enjoying the book.

I will rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was professionally edited with no error noticed. I will recommend this book to the lovers of nonfiction novels with a lot of historical facts.

My Fellow Americans: I Am an Angry, Tired, Black Woman
View: on Bookshelves
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Michael Jerry_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: A Big Blue Boat by Susea Spray

Post by Michael Jerry_ »

I love that this review is very concise and straight to the point. I love the fact that this book stretches from the time of slavery down to 2020, Covid 19, and Donald Trump. The title is also very catchy and makes one want to ask why the woman in question is angry even though they have a clue as to why.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

Thank you, I think I will read this book.
Amanda Dobson
Currently Reading: The King's Trial
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-dobson.html
Latest Review: The Quest For The Phoenix Crown by Xander T. Petersen
Reading Device: Apple

Post by Amanda Dobson »

This was an amazing review. You told exactly what to expect from the book. Which was a informative story about one person’s journey and life. It shows American history through the authors eyes and clearly explained why she feels the way she does.
Anna Bookowski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-bookowski.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Anna Bookowski »

Personal experiences are always the most worthy and they tend to have strong emotional charge. It saddens me that people still can treat each other bad on account of things like race. Trump's approach to human beings was outrageous to me. I'm curious about this book.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a very interesting book that offers bits of American history together with the author's direct experience of racism, all information important to understand a problem still far too common. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Bertha Jackson »

Racism is humanity's shame. Although this book focuses on America, racism is an international problem that has occurred since biblical times. Thank you for your review.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

I'm glad that a book like this exsists. It is prevalent to hear these kinds of stories. However, I think this book is better suited for Americans. Great job with the review.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

From racism and voting rights to Covid-19 and Donald Trump, today's BOTD details the life experiences of a Black woman in America that will both inform and engage readers ages 12 through adult. Thank you for your review! Hopefully, this book encourages readers to continue listening and learning about America's true history.
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

The history of America and its leaders written from the author's perspective is informative. I liked the biographies of the various presidents. I agree with the reviewer that her opinions on the 45th President are controversial and reflective of her viewpoint. The poetry was interesting. I enjoyed the precise, detailed and thoughtful review of this book.
Juma Beryl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juma-beryl.html
Latest Review: The Cadence of Excellence by Matthew McDarby

Post by Juma Beryl »

thanks for the review,it explains the story line with short and precise description of the story without giving out the exact thing in the book.the book attracts a reader without having to try so hard.the story is inviting .
Farhana Aslam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Farhana Aslam »

The book starts by explaining the background of American_African born woman, Marjorie. How her grandfather came to America in the early 1900, and a little bit of their background after which it fast forwards to the current rule is; during the Trump rule. Then again, we can observe the history of America, How they were the colony of the British and civil wars and the freedom, declaration of independence, founding fathers and figures who played a major role in shaping America as we see it today.
The book also states about the life of black people in America, how the rules applied to them, the rights they got, and the racist mentality which is still going around.
The 215 pages book gives us an Idea about history of America and the way they progressed untill the present time of pandemic.

It was simple and easy to read and detailed enough to understand the authors thoughts and I was somewhat able to connect to what the author was trying to say, about life, racism and other issues faced by her.

I would recommend this book to anyone who's interested to learn about the history of America till now.
DEEPA PUJARI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: Seemore the Seagull by Ralph Tufo
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

This is a story about slavery and racism in America. It also talks about American leaders. Congratulations BOTD!
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Post by Ruchi Raina »

Racism is a problem that can be observed not only in the USA but everywhere in the world and it is we who can help eradicate this issue. Thanks for your review.
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

I initially thought this is a memoir.
I'd have loved to read about racism in America, but I am tired of hearing about Trump right now, so I'll give this book a pass.
Thank you for your review.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”