Review by Leroy2017 -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Leroy2017
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leroy2017.html
Latest Review: The Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Fallacy by H. Nattanya Andersen

Review by Leroy2017 -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Leroy2017 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mindset" by Ace Bowers.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Mindset is an inspirational memoir of Ace Bowers. It's his complete journey from a poor, troubled and chaotic childhood environment to a point of personal transformation in adulthood. He's the last born of the three siblings to a couple who are addicted to alcohol and smoking. They do not know peace and what it means to be rich and successful for all he sees around are failure and instability. At the age of 22, Ace began working as a janitor and in a span of five years, he became a silicon valley millionaire.

The author acknowledges that everything he has is a result of hard work, the motivation that fueled his determination to break his cycle of poverty and to create a strong mindset. This mindset did change his life. His memoir has details of how he managed to achieve his success, despite the ups and downs that he had to go through. Keeping in mind he didn't have a college education at the time when he is forced to leave home and find a life for himself, all he earned was used on cigarettes, and feeding on junk making him overweight. With all the pressures he had, he met the love of his life. You do not want to miss finding out how everything unfolded.

This could be among the best memoirs I have read. It's on point, written in simple language and appealing font. The title is quite captivating and perfectly merges with the memoir's content throughout the book. Not forgetting the great lessons such as the need for persistence, willpower, and fortitude in the everyday journey to success. The presence and impact of those who see the great potential in you and those who do not give up on you are key to your success. And finally, not using your past experiences and memories as the stumbling block to your bright destiny, but using them as your motivation and letting them off your heart.

There's nothing I disliked in this book. It had only minor grammatical errors. I, therefore, believe it was professionally edited. I did not come across any profane language and violent scenes. I, therefore, rate it at 4 out of 4 stars.

The Mindset is an inspirational memoir by Ace Bowers. It's his complete journey from a poor, troubled and chaotic childhood environment to a point of personal transformation in adulthood. He's the last born of the three siblings to a couple who are addicted to alcohol and smoking. They do not know peace and what it means to be rich and successful for all he sees around are failure and instability. At the age of 22, Ace began working as a janitor and in a span of five years, he became a silicon valley millionaire.

The author acknowledges that everything he has is a result of hard work, the motivation that fueled his determination to break his cycle of poverty and to create a strong mindset. This mindset indeed changed his life. His memoir has details of how he managed to achieve his success, despite the ups and downs that he had to go through. Keeping in mind he didn't have a college education at the time when he is forced to leave home and find a life for himself, all he earned was used on cigarettes, and feeding on junk making him overweight. With all the pressures he had, he met the love of his life. You do not want to miss finding out how everything unfolded.

This could be among the best memoirs I have read. I liked most the following aspects, It's straightforward, written in simple language and has an appealing font. The title is quite captivating and perfectly merges with the memoir's content throughout the book. Not forgetting the great lessons such as the need for persistence, willpower, and fortitude in the everyday journey to success. The presence and impact of those who see the great potential in you and those who do not give up on you are key to your success. And finally, not using your past experiences and memories as the stumbling block to your bright destiny, but using them as your motivation and letting them off your heart.

There's nothing I disliked in this book. It had only minor grammatical errors. I, therefore, believe it was professionally edited. I did not come across any profane language and violent scenes. I, therefore, rate it at 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommend this book to all readers for it is of the essence for each and everyone to succeed in life. Finally, to those who have had difficult experiences that could in one way or another bare them from becoming great people or achieving success.

The Mindset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mariana Figueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Cloud Atlas
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana-figueira.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Mariana Figueira »

What a nice, thorough review.Well done
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson
Chizioboli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chizioboli.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Chizioboli »

The mindset about making money or becoming rich goes way beyond belief. It requires hard work and building relationships primarily. This review is very detailed and a great summary of what the book entails. Thank you.
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

I have just finished this book too and I fully agree with your review. It has been one of the most interesting memoirs that I have ever read.
Leroy2017
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: The Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Fallacy by H. Nattanya Andersen

Post by Leroy2017 »

:oops2:
Chizioboli wrote: 02 Feb 2021, 13:56 The mindset about making money or becoming rich goes way beyond belief. It requires hard work and building relationships primarily. This review is very detailed and a great summary of what the book entails. Thank you.
Welcome. Thanks for your comment
Leroy2017
Currently Reading:

Post by Leroy2017 »

:techie-studyingbrown:
Yvonne Monique wrote: 02 Feb 2021, 14:57 I have just finished this book too and I fully agree with your review. It has been one of the most interesting memoirs that I have ever read.
True. Thank you!
Phelicia Gloria
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phelicia-gloria.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Phelicia Gloria »

From a janitor to a millionaire, wow this must be amazing book, great review
Absence of evidence is never an evidence of absence
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Amazing review here. I like the lessons gleaned from the author's journey of transformation. Thanks for the review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”