Review by MrCamunez -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MrCamunez
Favorite Book: The Most Important Lessons in Economics and Finance
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrcamunez.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Review by MrCamunez -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by MrCamunez »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mindset" by Ace Bowers.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This book is a story about a warrior whose life was never easy, but still, he found a light in the middle of the darkness. He set up his mind for victory with positive ideas, rather than letting the past suck his vitality.

It is not the typical book that gives you step by step on how to reach success. The author opens his heart by describing his life in great detail, and it makes you feel like you’re the main character. The journey is full of ups and downs. There will be sadness through the difficult experiences, but the lessons will work as a trampoline to accomplish your goals.

One of the things I like the most is that the author provides you with several examples that make you realize that taking care of your relationships is one of your most important assets. Whether you think about your job, your family, your local community, or your friends, it is always a good idea to keep a healthy bond with the people close to you, cause, believe it or not, they will be the ones you can reach out during the hard times.

There is nothing in particular that I disliked about the contents. On the contrary, even though the book is like a real-life novel, the author still took the time to express some principles:

“No matter where I was employed, I had two rules of thumb that I always followed: first, I made it a habit to know more than I needed to know and to take the initiative to learn anything that could help me succeed on my own. Second, I always did more than what I was paid to do. I volunteered for projects and took on extra loads.”

After reading something like that, I understand that you need to be always curious to let other people share their knowledge and experience with you, even if it doesn’t match your current beliefs or expectations. And open your hands all the time to say, “How can I help you?” to enjoy the satisfaction of gratitude after providing your service.

I give a rate of 3 out of 4 starts to The Mindset by Ace Bowers since the book is friendly for the medium pace reader, which allows you to travel with no difficulty through the pages, understanding the connection among the brilliant ideas provided by the author. However, I would have liked to have a more attractive cover to emphasize the importance of the message.

I would recommend this book to every student, hard-worker, and parent. Wake up your mindset by learning that just because your life did not begin in a paradise, it does not mean that your destiny is a failure. Embrace the challenges just like a kid would do when playing on the ground, and your efforts will flourish like a tree right after winter.

The Mindset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”