Official Review: What’s Forever For? A Physician&rs...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: The Reluctant Refugee by George M Decsy

Official Review: What’s Forever For? A Physician&rs...

Post by AntonelaMaria »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "What’s Forever For? A Physician’s Guide To Everlasting Love And Success In Marriage" by George P “Jeep” Naum, III.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What’s Forever For? A Physician’s Guide To Everlasting Love And Success In Marriage by George P. “Jeep” Naum is a nonfiction guide style book.

In this book, Jeep shares advice on enduring marriage. He is a marriage coach with 20-year long experience and with a successful marriage of his own. Through examples of three marriages, each from a different period and a different set of trials and tribulations, he shares essential marriage advice. After each chapter, there is a set of questions that help readers engage and discuss with their partners. Furthermore, the author expands on additional chapters with topics such as words we say to our partners, physician marriages, and insight into why people marry.

“Couples need to take stock of their marriage and decide what they want for their marriage going forward. That’s where I come in, the marriage coach. So you can become best friends again.”

Maybe the addition of same-sex marriage and issues they deal with would bring better inclusion to this book. The author addresses the lack of it with the notion that this book could benefit all couples. I agree as the issues in marriage are universal no matter where you live and whom you marry. Sex, money, and infidelity are the primary reasons for divorce. With the divorce rate staggering and many couples now losing faith in marriage institutions altogether, this book brings a teachable take on some of those conflicts.

“Don’t fight to win, fight to understand.”

I would recommend this book to all couples who are in a serious relationship or engaged. It is also a resourceful book for married couples who need to work on their relationship. All readers interested in improving their communication will find something in this publication. Even though the author comes from a place of religion in some of his stances, I wouldn’t limit this book to only religious couples. In my opinion, it is suitable for all religious groups and the ones who don’t identify with any religion.

This is a well-researched book written by an experienced marriage coach. I noticed only a couple of errors, which didn’t affect my reading enjoyment. Furthermore, the author’s message is coherent to understand and implement. I liked the questions after each of the chapters. It gives this work more of an interactive approach towards applying the author’s advice. For all of those reasons, I will rate this book with four out of four stars. I found nothing that I disliked about the book, so I can’t rate it any lower.

What’s Forever For? A Physician’s Guide To Everlasting Love And Success In Marriage
View: on Bookshelves
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
Reviewer100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewer100.html
Latest Review: Sylvan Elf Chronicles, Kaleen the Discovery by Christianne M Van Keuren

Post by Reviewer100 »

I'm eager to read books on marriage. It's really my genre. Good job.
Chizioboli
2021 Reading Goal: 58
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chizioboli.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Chizioboli »

This books title is quite funny. Imagine having a physician teach on marriage. Wonder how much techy and science filled terms the book would have. Good job
GreatReviews
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greatreviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by GreatReviews »

“Don’t fight to win, fight to understand.” I really love this phrase. As unmarried will later marry, and the married keeps learning, the book seems to contain useful tips that helps potential broken marriage
Victoria Copsey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-copsey.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Victoria Copsey »

This isn't really my type of book so I'll be giving it a miss. Great review though.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”