Official Review: Victim 2Victor by Anu Verma

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ReviewerDiksha
2021 Reading Goal: 52
Currently Reading: The Katharina Code
Bookshelf Size: 139
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerdiksha.html
Latest Review: Re-Educating Myself by Bob Gebelein

Official Review: Victim 2Victor by Anu Verma

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Victim 2Victor" by Anu Verma.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Victim 2Victor by Anu Verma is a non-fiction book in which the author opens up about the trauma and abuse suffered by her. She had the innocence of her childhood jeopardised when she faced sexual abuse by the people she had trusted. The trauma strung out into her adulthood, where she repeatedly found herself in abusive relationships. Though bad things happened to her, she didn’t allow them to shape her life. She decided not to see herself as a victim, but persevered in the dark times and came out a victor.

My rating for Victim 2Victor is 4 out of 4 stars. It is an incredible book about an exceptional person who didn’t allow herself to succumb to the unending struggles in her life. It is heartbreaking to read the bad stuff, but in the end, it is more about motivating others. The flaws in this book are next to none. Though I found a couple of grammatical errors, they were not enough to adversely impact my reading experience.

Victim 2Victor consists of four sections. The first part recounts everything that has happened to the author, from her childhood to the present time. In the next three parts, the focus is on the definitions of abuse and trauma. It also offers several healing methods that equip the reader with enough tools to help themselves or someone else. It takes a deep dive into the psyche of a person suffering from abuse. It is uninhibited in its discussion of self-blaming, victim-blaming, lack of support from family and friends, the sense of alienation, and the struggle with mental illness. The story moves quickly, as the writer touches on all the essential points without stunting things.

Even though she lets the reader in on every abuse and struggle that she has been through, Verma makes it clear that this is not a sob story but an inspirational one. She encourages others to strive for a better life by showing them how to love themselves. Instead of preaching about it, she takes a practical approach to healing. She offers actual tools to help yourself with, especially when you want to do something about your (or someone else's) situation and don’t know where to begin.

The best thing about Victim 2Victor is that it transcends the subject of trauma, and its teachings can be used by anyone to make their life better. That is why I would advise everyone, except children, to read it. Young adults should read this book, but they must have some guidance to process sensitive content. If you have been through some kind of abuse or trauma, then this book can nudge you in the right direction. If not this, then at least it can help you understand someone else’s trauma and know what they might need at the moment.

Victim 2Victor
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
La_lama
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by La_lama »

This seems extremely motivational. “ Not a sob story but an inspirational one” . I love that and it would be interesting to take a dive into the mind of others. It seems like a book I’d enjoy and learn a lot from.
Devalsodha
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-devalsodha.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Devalsodha »

Indeed this sounds to be an incredible and motivating book.
You wrote a great review. 👍
Reviewer100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewer100.html
Latest Review: Fleeting Time by L.Aquila

Post by Reviewer100 »

Memoirs on abuse are most about women; why? I'm already tired of reading them.
PeterRabitt20
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: Squeak by Robin L Gordon

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

Interestingly, this book is part autobiography and part self-help. It's uplifting to see someone like the author be able to overcome her trauma. Thank you for your insightful review.
GreatReviews
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greatreviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by GreatReviews »

I think I really need this book, it provide hints on how to love myself while struggling from lack of support from friend and family. this should in my want to read also.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”