Official Review: A Higher Conversation by Neil David Chan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fae Liesl Enchantee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fae-liesl-enchantee.html
Latest Review: Jackson by Lynn McLaughlin

Official Review: A Higher Conversation by Neil David Chan

Post by Fae Liesl Enchantee »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Higher Conversation" by Neil David Chan.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Communication has many forms. It can be verbally, gestures, or written letters. However, no matter how different these conversations may be, they all have one common goal. This common goal is understanding. A Higher Conversation by Neil David is one of those conversations one must do internally to reach a profound comprehension. It is an intriguing philosophical novel that talks about how life can become better by metaphysically comprehending the physical way of living. This book includes conversations between the mind-body and the soul discussing topics that cause human beings to turn against each other.

Having a dialogue with one's metaphysical self is not easy. It requires practice and extreme focus to reach a clear mind. One must observe the outside world internally and get in touch with the soul for a conversation to occur. This novel showed a glimpse of how deep an understanding a person could get when the mind, body, and soul united.

I loved this book because it covers a wide range of disciplines to support the topics. Scientific explanations backed up the arguments, such as biological phenomena. Another great thing about using the basic concepts of different fields is that simple people can understand it. There was no jargon or profound words that would throw a reader off course in the topic. The author used basic concepts of anthropology, sociology, and economy.

The author gave such thought-provoking ideas that made every chapter intriguing. The thoughts are well-constructed, and it runs smoothly as the chapters progress. However, I think there is a topic that is left out. This topic I am looking for is the discussion of religion. The author talked about the separation of people due to color and possession. If there is one huge thing that makes people opposed each other, it is religion. I was waiting for this topic the whole book, but the lack of this discussion disappointed me.

In terms of the writing style, the author successfully made it easy to read. The use of italics can distinguish the self or the mind-body from the soul's perspective. The author's choice of words is articulate, and the tone of the book is very relaxing. This type of book is what I would want to read on a good day in the park.

I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I would recommend this to people who want to read educational and profound topics. This book is well-written and free of any profanity. I didn't give it a perfect score because the book felt incomplete for me due to the lack of a topic that I think should be in here.

A Higher Conversation
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Reviewer100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewer100.html
Latest Review: Awakening the Soul of Power by Christian de la Huerta

Post by Reviewer100 »

If there were no understanding, then there was no communication at all. This is what we need to read about, especially those who are committed to someone in relationships.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”