Official Review: The Only Authentic Book of Persuasion

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
readsbyarun
2021 Reading Goal: 10
Currently Reading: Spirituality in the 21st Century
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readsbyarun.html
Latest Review: The Second American Revolution: by Liberty Nation

Official Review: The Only Authentic Book of Persuasion

Post by readsbyarun »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Only Authentic Book of Persuasion" by Richard E. Vatz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Only Authentic Book of Persuasion: The agenda-spin model is an extraordinary book written by Richard Vatz which primarily focus on the Agenda Spin Model that are used in the political debates. This book was initially of no interest to me as I am not a big fan of polities. But on reading the preface of the book, I understood the book contains more than the political agenda. There are many things that I can take home from the concepts explained in the book.

The main theme of this book is based on the concept of the Agenda Spin model which is a unique approach to persuasion. It is a theory that helps people make predictions and influence the audience regarding the more critical issue. It is equally developed on a perspective that not only helps the mass media and policymakers and influences the audience. There are many facts that are being proved through the author’s explanation of the concepts in this book. The author had explained through various case studies on how these concepts psychologically influence people of different mindsets.

I really appreciate author’s efforts in describing the live examples in this book. One of the well-received facts was on how this persuasive analysis had helped many politicians to gain influence over the people. I can co-relate the way the persuasive analysis would had helped Barack Obama to win the presidential election in the year 2012. The national agenda and political agenda are well explained in this book.

There is nothing that I disliked in this book. Every part of this book has been exceptionally well written. I would really appreciate the author's intense efforts and research that has gone in producing such a magnificent book.

The book seems to be professionally edited, and I didn’t find any grammar or spelling errors in the book. No profane language was noticed, and hence this book is suitable for all age groups. I would honestly rate this book with 4 out of 4 stars and would recommend this book to all readers across different age groups especially for adults. I am sure this book could be referred in management institutions as a part of their curriculum. The lessons absorbed in this book are very useful and would help in personality development. I really enjoyed reading this book, and I am eagerly looking forward for more works from the author.

The Only Authentic Book of Persuasion
View: on Bookshelves
Drianie
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading: Great Expectations
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drianie.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Drianie »

I don't know much about politics or public speaking, and influencing people's opinions and mindset is not my skill set. That being said, this book can challenge me and help me gain insight into the art of persuasion. Thanks for the recommendation and the interesting review!
Michelle Fred
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-fred.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Michelle Fred »

I can see how the book would benefit people in marketing and other careers that involves swaying people's opinions. Well done.
Pandora10
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading: Profiles in Kindness
Bookshelf Size: 53

Post by Pandora10 »

I like a book that contains case studies when presenting and explaining ideas that the reader may as yet be unfamiliar with. I expect this book would be of use to many that wish to become influencers. It may also be useful for those that wish to know how influencers use rhetoric and persuasion, highlighting certain pieces of information and diminishing others, creating a salience agenda followed by recommendations to rectify the situation. In this way they persuade others to their point of view.

Thanks for the good review.
Mindful Wordsmith
2021 Reading Goal: 0
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Poirot's Early Cases
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindful-wordsmith.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Mindful Wordsmith »

Developing and honing the skill of persuasion will help in conflict resolution too. This book will prove beneficial for both our personal and professional spheres of life. I'm going to add this to my 'to-read' list now.
Thanks for your persuasive review :tiphat:
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
AtienoMagero
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atienomagero.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by AtienoMagero »

Wonderful review! Your review has been helpful and provided me great insight about this book. Readers can learn a lot from reading this book.
Chizioboli
2021 Reading Goal: 58
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chizioboli.html
Latest Review: Jesus, Prosperity Gospel and Poverty in Africa by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Chizioboli »

I thought this book was about how to apply persuasive skills to land deals. However your review stated otherwise. Anyways, I think I will pass on this one. Great review
Like chizioboli's review? Post a comment saying so!
KMGR70
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Favorite Author: Jeff Menapace
Favorite Book: Bad Games
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kmgr70.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 23616

Post by KMGR70 »

This actually sounds pretty interesting to me. Most of us hate to speak publicly but I had to learn a bit of this in the past for work. The lessons can definitely be used in many situations, though. Thanks! I will probably add this one to my forever growing TBR list.
kdstrack
2021 Reading Goal: 105
Currently Reading: Just in time
Bookshelf Size: 463
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: Unethical by Marla L. Anderson

Post by kdstrack »

I liked the way you explained the idea of the Agenda Spin Model. You showed how this strategy doesn't only apply to politics but can be used on a more personal level. You do a good job of motivating readers to learn and apply this strategy! Great writing.
Reviewer100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewer100.html
Latest Review: My Awakening: Living With A Chronic Health Condition by Judith Brown Ph.D, SWP

Post by Reviewer100 »

Me too; I'm not a big fan of politics, as I would prefer to read other genres rather than politics.
Godspraise Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-godspraise-precious.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Godspraise Precious »

Although I'm not a fan of politics, I love the nature this book takes. Such as the relevance and importance of having a persuasive skill. Great review

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”