Official Review: The Third Day Bible Code by Kermit Zarley

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LinaMueller
2021 Reading Goal: 40
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: QUONDAM: travels in a once World by John Devoy

Official Review: The Third Day Bible Code by Kermit Zarley

Post by LinaMueller »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Third Day Bible Code" by Kermit Zarley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Third Day Bible Code by Kermit Zarley is a religious book that analyzes the Christian Bible intelligently and professionally. The author has published several books on religion, including The Gospels Interwoven and Palestine is Coming. According to the author, he read more than 1000 books about Jesus Christ. There is no doubt that he is a capable researcher.

The Bible has been around for a long time. How can a book that analyzes this ancient sacred text be original? That is a smart question. Many people have interpreted the Bible over the past millennia. Perhaps the most famous person to do this was the famous scientist Isaac Newton who spent a lot of time trying to discover the world's truths by reading the biblical texts.

The Third Day Bible Code is different because it focuses on various events in the Bible that have a third-day motif. For example, chapters 11, 12, 13, and 14 are, respectively: Hosea and the Third Day Motif, Abraham's Offering of Isaac on the Third Day, Joseph Imprisons His Brothers for Three Days, and Meeting God at Mount Sinai on the Third Day. By applying the Thousand-Year Day Principle to these events, the author predicts when the return of Jesus Christ could occur according to the Bible.

The author's extensive knowledge is remarkable. I had read the Bible a few times, but The Third Day Bible Code made me wonder if I really understood some passages. My favorite part of the book was Kermit Zarley's courage in making predictions about possible future events. Throughout the text, he demonstrates how it was common for some scholars to make predictions about the return of Jesus Christ. Obviously, everyone has failed miserably.

There is not much to be criticized here. I only found two subjective errors in a book of more than 200 pages. Therefore, one can say that the book is professionally edited. The only advice I would give the author would be to create a more extensive glossary at the beginning of the book and not at the end. It would be of great help to readers who are not so knowledgeable about Christianity.

All in all, The Third Day Bible Code deserves four out of four stars. The book is very well developed and is undoubtedly the work of an expert on the subject. As difficult as it is to interpret the Bible since some parables can mean a thousand different things, it seems that Kermit Zarley is on the right track. A short glossary is not enough reason to deduct one star.

I recommend this book to all Christians who want to understand the Bible better. Scholars interested in comparative religions will also find the subject fascinating.

The Third Day Bible Code
View: on Bookshelves
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
Pandora10
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading: Surviving Anstey
Bookshelf Size: 48

Post by Pandora10 »

I enjoyed this insightful review of this book, and it intrigued me enough to read a sample of the book. It certainly is informative and very well written. I agree with the reviewer that a more extensive glossary would be a good addition.
AtienoMagero
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atienomagero.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by AtienoMagero »

Wonderful review! Your review has been helpful and provided me great insight about this book.
Ti_ara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Ti_ara »

This review really brought a direct insight to the book. Thank you.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”