Review by Rxynx -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rxynx
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rxynx.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Review by Rxynx -- The Biblical Clock

Post by Rxynx »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Daniel Friedmann’s and Dania Sheldon’s The Biblical Clock is a mind-opening non-fiction novel that unfolds the connections between science and religion. Friedmann’s thesis states that “scientific texts and the Bible complement each other in describing the development of our universe, and that the Bible and history can be combined to glimpse the future that will unfold for our species” (Kindle Locations 154-155). Despite seeming like two opposing views towards some of the universe’s most important questions, both science and religion interrelate and reveal the following fact and reality. With an analysis of the universe, there was an aim to solve some of its well-kept mysteries.

The Biblical Clock is set-up as a telling of Daniel Friedmann’s pursuit through various periods, describing the historical lives of philosophers, sages, mystics, scientists, prophets, and biblical commentators. The novel consists of three parts: Part One - Beginnings and Timelines, Part Two - Endings, and Part Three - Beyond The Timelines. Part One illustrates the questionings, doubts, investigations, and innovations of multiple essential thinkers, from centuries ago to this current age. Friedmann dissects these inquiries to portray that Creation events do align through both Genesis and scientific literature. Part Two extends the conclusions of Part One to examine the idea of the End of Days. Friedmann aims to reveal what “the End of Days” means and where the present day is in relation. Part Three connects to Part One by reflecting and unveiling how the universe may have come to be.

Friedmann and Sheldon reconciled biblical with modern time frames. I admire how the novel’s pages link the study of scripture and other religious writings to indicate a correlation between the timelines set by science and written in Genesis. I also liked the visuals used to illustrate the points made throughout the book, along with the included glossary. It assists in familiarizing some terms to novice readers. The authors went into detail by exploring theological texts to support their reasoning. By showing how religion and science might not differ as most would think, I found the idea appealing. One idea that stood out most was the description that each day of God’s creation represented one of the later following millenniums. I also encountered no significant discrepancies -- no major typos, spelling errors, or grammatical errors while reading the book. The Biblical Clock was well edited.

I enjoyed feeling informed of the religion’s and science’s connection while reading each of the novel’s three parts; however, the text read too dense at some points. Even with the provided glossary, some terms required more research. Such may take some readers out of the text often to follow along with the novel’s storyline. While reading, there were instances where the readings felt like a textbook rather than a story. Additional elements that I partially disliked included potential bias. Although Friedmann acknowledges potential biases in “A Note from the Author,” I still felt like the book was one-sided. Friedmann and Sheldon could have gone into more detail explaining how or why others may disagree with their stated correlations between religion and science.

Ultimately, I rate this novel with 4 out of 4 stars. I liked the novel's perspective as a whole, and I found no errors in the book. It appeared professionally edited, well-written, and clearly explained. I would not give it a lower rating because the novel provides a valid viewpoint towards analyzing both science and religion as related. I admire the relationship revealed linking science and religion together. I recommend this novel for readers interested in faith and worship, the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world, or past events throughout history. Specific audiences I would NOT recommend this book for include readers that prefer to avoid religious topics (such as the Bible), scientific materials (such as mathematics or calculations), or scholarly readings (such as included diagrams, glossaries, or indexes). Also, The Biblical Clock is following three previous books: The Genesis One Code, The Broken Gift, and The Roadmap to the End of Days. With multiple references stemming from prior novels, I highly recommend reading those before reading The Biblical Clock.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”