Review by Nedbrian -- Different Family Structures

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nedbrian
Currently Reading: Into the Hand of a Woman
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedbrian.html
Latest Review: Different Family Structures by Mildred Stallworth

Review by Nedbrian -- Different Family Structures

Post by Nedbrian »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Different Family Structures" by Mildred Stallworth.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The family has always remained the focal point, despite the ever-changing individualized mobility defining the present-day society. This is because it offers security, intimacy, and a level of shield away from the cruel and uncaring society. However, over the years, the family structure has dramatically been modified. The ideal structure which is the nuclear family has given rise to several variations. Surprisingly, these structures have shown tremendous success. Different Family Structures by Mildred Stallworth is a complete book describing the ideal and modified family structures in the world today. It brings to light the positives associated with the family unit.

At the beginning of the book, Mildred reminds us that no one can determine the family structure we would be born into. This implies that every newborn's fate lies in the hands of their parents. Thus, they helplessly rely on their parents to guide them in finding the right footing and becoming accepted into society. Moving further, she discusses the different family structures and their expected features. Occasionally, she gives quotes to prove her views. Additionally, family issues with solutions and parenting styles were extensively discussed. One resounding detail in this book is the need for positive communication between children and their parents in a family.

I liked how precise and unique the book is. Mildred provided valuable information alongside lessons on this very relevant part of society. There are many articles out there with information on family structure. However, Mildred gave the most detailed information in a distinctive approach for anyone to comprehend. She used terms that were easy to understand to buttress her views. Also, I really commend the editors of this book. This book was professionally edited, and I did not find any grammatical errors. That said, there is nothing about this book I disliked.

I would recommend this book to societal policymakers, university and college students, and scholars. They would like and find this book very useful and resourceful. The knowledge would help these groups of people to make informed recommendations, decisions, and postulations where necessary. This book would also be valuable to people who desire to have a secure family unit.

I rate this book four out of four stars because of the choice of words and terms used. It captivated my attention, and I couldn't help but finish the book at a go. In every chapter, I could easily connect to her viewpoint. Also, good construction of information was used to write this book thereby making the book impactful.

Different Family Structures
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”