Official Review: Navigating New Normal Book One Environme...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Official Review: Navigating New Normal Book One Environme...

Post by NetMassimo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Navigating New Normal Book One Environmental Rescue" by Gregory CR Williams.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Navigating New Normal Book One Environmental Rescue by Gregory CR Williams is the first of three essays about the changes we need to make to save the world from environmental decay and ecological collapse. It's focused on the measure of human actions on the environment describing the various problems the world is facing together with their causes. It also offers many suggestions concerning the mitigation of those problems with the goal to heal the environment. Those are suggestions that concern everyone at a personal level because we all can do something to heal this world instead of harming it. Those suggestions form the acronym B.R.E.A.T.H.E. as in Breakthrough, Re (Reuse, Recycle, Restore), Extinguish, Actions, Thrive, Hydrate, Environment.

The pandemic forced all of us to change our lives, showing some weaknesses of our society. Many countries' economies got disrupted, but we also saw some improvements when pollution levels dropped during the first lockdown. That proved how much human activities can influence the environment and how much that can change in a short time. Gregory CR Williams stressed some similarities between the pandemic and the ecological crisis, a starting point to talk about the various aspects of that crisis.

What I appreciated the most about this essay is that Gregory CR Williams clearly explained the various topics in simple words, but that was just the beginning. For each topic, the author included several references to books that develop it in-depth and sometimes also websites that can offer updated information. That approach can create awareness in people, which in turn can create the right mindset to take action. The world has big problems, but there are solutions, and anyone can be part of them.

Note that taking action doesn't mean becoming an activist who protests at international political meetings, or not only that. Being aware of what types of behavior can harm the world can help anyone to change their behavior. For example, understanding how much pollution can be caused when a product is made can offer a way to choose a more sustainable alternative. One point the author makes concerns products that are falsely sold as sustainable.

The only time Gregory CR Williams used a profanity in this essay was when he gave his opinion about biofuels. It's nothing your average teenager hasn't heard, and sex is not a subject addressed in it, so I think it's suitable for teenagers. Actually, I find it educational for the next generations, who will inherit the world and will have to deal with the problems that will be left to them.

Sadly, the text contains many errors, so I'm forced to take a star from the rating. The contents are very interesting, educational, well explained, and important for our world. There's nothing I didn't like about this essay, so I rate it 3 out of 4 stars. The world's problems concern everyone, so I recommend Navigating New Normal Book One Environmental Rescue to everyone to increase your awareness about the ecological crisis and help you be part of the solution.

Navigating New Normal Book One Environmental Rescue
View: on Bookshelves
Ciao :)
Massimo
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Harty Muli »

Incidentally part of the title may refer to the situation where we may need to live with a previously unknown virus. Evidently there is a lot of changes mankind needs to make for him to move to the future. Thanks for the insightful review.
NetMassimo

Post by NetMassimo »

Slater678 wrote: 02 Jan 2021, 06:30 Incidentally part of the title may refer to the situation where we may need to live with a previously unknown virus. Evidently there is a lot of changes mankind needs to make for him to move to the future. Thanks for the insightful review.
The pandemic is indeed a part of our new normal, alas, but there are a lot of challenges for humanity in this first part of the 21st century. Thank you for your appreciation!
Massimo
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

When I saw the book title, I thought that this book was about the corona virus, but I see that there is a lot more to it.
NetMassimo

Post by NetMassimo »

Yvonne Monique wrote: 02 Jan 2021, 13:09 When I saw the book title, I thought that this book was about the corona virus, but I see that there is a lot more to it.
The book was influenced by the coronavirus pandemic, but there's indeed much more as there's a global assessment of environmental problems. Thank you for commenting!
Massimo
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

I am very interesting in this topic! But does it offer some specific methods to help the environment, or it is just about building awareness? Thank you for your recommendation!
NetMassimo

Post by NetMassimo »

raluca_mihaila wrote: 03 Jan 2021, 03:43 I am very interesting in this topic! But does it offer some specific methods to help the environment, or it is just about building awareness? Thank you for your recommendation!
The book contains practical advice to reduce your environmental footprint and references to online communities where you can find even more methods to help the environment. Thank you for commenting!
Massimo
Tarilan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarilan.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Tarilan »

I love the B.R.E.A.T.H.E acronym. It makes the suggestions more memorable. Am glad that this piece is educating on top of being sensitizing. Thanks for the amazing review.
NetMassimo

Post by NetMassimo »

Tarilan wrote: 03 Jan 2021, 06:00 I love the B.R.E.A.T.H.E acronym. It makes the suggestions more memorable. Am glad that this piece is educating on top of being sensitizing. Thanks for the amazing review.
The extra value of this book is precisely in the practical suggestions the author offers to be more environment-friendly. Thank you for your appreciation!
Massimo
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

NetMassimo wrote: 03 Jan 2021, 05:58
raluca_mihaila wrote: 03 Jan 2021, 03:43 I am very interesting in this topic! But does it offer some specific methods to help the environment, or it is just about building awareness? Thank you for your recommendation!
The book contains practical advice to reduce your environmental footprint and references to online communities where you can find even more methods to help the environment. Thank you for commenting!
Great, thank your for the info!
Atieno Magero
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

I really like your review. This book is very interesting and I'm sure many readers will love it. I like the fact that this book has important information about the environment. Fantastic review!
Drianie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drianie.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Drianie »

I like how the author gives enough information to create awareness on the various topics and includes additional resources for those who would like to gain even more knowledge. I don't always know how to change the world on a grand scale, but learning new tips and strategies to change my own lifestyle to benefit the environment is a good start. Thanks for the recommendation! I enjoyed reading your well-written and informative review!
NetMassimo

Post by NetMassimo »

AtienoMagero wrote: 03 Jan 2021, 11:57 I really like your review. This book is very interesting and I'm sure many readers will love it. I like the fact that this book has important information about the environment. Fantastic review!
I hope the whole trilogy of books is successful because they contain really useful information. Thank you for your appreciation!
Massimo
NetMassimo

Post by NetMassimo »

Drianie wrote: 03 Jan 2021, 15:17 I like how the author gives enough information to create awareness on the various topics and includes additional resources for those who would like to gain even more knowledge. I don't always know how to change the world on a grand scale, but learning new tips and strategies to change my own lifestyle to benefit the environment is a good start. Thanks for the recommendation! I enjoyed reading your well-written and informative review!
Yes, we can start the change in our own lives and spread awareness and information to the people we know. We can make a difference even acting locally. Thank you for your appreciation!
Massimo
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

This is a book everyone needs. Definitely on my to read list. Great review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”