Review by Kaye_Bo2020 -- Wilderness Cry

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kaye_Bo2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaye-bo2020.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Review by Kaye_Bo2020 -- Wilderness Cry

Post by Kaye_Bo2020 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wilderness Cry" by Hilary L Hunt M.D..]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific And Philosophical Approach To Understanding God And The Universe is an exceptional book for anyone who is interested in different views on religion and God. This book put into words some of my thoughts on religion and gave wonderful examples and explanations on why Hilary L. Hunt M.D. sees God in the way he does.

I would rate this book a solid 4 out of 4 stars. It is well written with very few spelling errors. I enjoyed his use of sources, as well as, his use of knowledge gained from both science and his own life experiences. His background in Catholicism really brings a different viewpoint on the matters that make this book very intriguing.

This book changes the concept of a vengeful God into a Perfect God. It explains the differences in common church teachings today, where they come from, and why they could have easily been misinterpreted by mankind in the bible. It goes on to explain how and why the changes to the rules and religious practices of the bible have become different within the church since its conception. The book also goes on to mention the different discrepancies by the different books within the bible. I really felt in touch with the simplification of sin as not a set of rules as dictated in church now. The book also goes on to bring understanding to the selfishness of our universe and how our world was created by God. It also explains the creation of workings of the universe in relation to science and how that was also created by God.

What I disliked most was the overview approach. I wish it had gone a little more in depth into some of the topics, but that could always be rectified in more in depth books on each subject so I do not fault the author and lower the score on this alone. Other than that I really enjoyed his writing style and approach to this subject. The fact that he is open to both criticism and discussion on this topic and states so plainly in the book allows readers to feel at ease with the idea he has researched and does not believe he is 100% correct on every point and shows an intellect and maturity not seen in all religious writings.

Overall I would absolutely recommend this book to any and all who would love to expand their horizons in the religious world. This would not be a book for those who have a love of the church and are easily upset by any thoughts against it. This book is not pro church, but rather for the spreading of love and kindness through each other.

Wilderness Cry
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kenesha L Fowler
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Guardian of Deceit
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenesha-l-fowler.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Kenesha L Fowler »

I'm more than halfway through this book, and I have to agree with you that the author's Catholic background puts an intriguing spin on things. His writing style is very nice, too. But all the other stuff? I don't know that I can agree with you. For the most part, I find myself asking, "What Bible is he reading?!"

It's a good thing that he states plainly that he doesn't believe he's absolutely right and encourages discussions. Because his words invite controversy! This book is not just anti-church (I'm not much for organised religion, myself), it's anti-Bible.

I'm also curious about the copy you have, because the book I purchased is full of punctuation, spelling and grammatical errors.

Still, all things considered, I appreciate your review. Thank you.
Smile. There. Isn't that better? :D
K+SQUARE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-square.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by K+SQUARE »

The author's position on the Bible and Christianity makes for an interesting read. Good review.
63tty
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Mirrored Worlds
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-63tty.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
fav_author_id: 199293

Post by 63tty »

Kenesha L Fowler wrote: 18 Dec 2020, 16:25 I'm more than halfway through this book, and I have to agree with you that the author's Catholic background puts an intriguing spin on things. His writing style is very nice, too. But all the other stuff? I don't know that I can agree with you. For the most part, I find myself asking, "What Bible is he reading?!"

It's a good thing that he states plainly that he doesn't believe he's absolutely right and encourages discussions. Because his words invite controversy! This book is not just anti-church (I'm not much for organised religion, myself), it's anti-Bible.

I'm also curious about the copy you have, because the book I purchased is full of punctuation, spelling and grammatical errors.

Still, all things considered, I appreciate your review. Thank you.
I agree with you to some extent. I don't think everyone can just read the bible and interpret it, especially when you don't have a relation with God. I am religious yet I cant really even judge what the bible says. What I can voice out though is the interpreters for they are merely human like me and we all make mistakes. Nobody is perfect and these church leaders are merely interpreting their understanding of the bible.

My point being, one cant really judge the bible based on other people's interpretations.
63tty
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Mirrored Worlds
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-63tty.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
fav_author_id: 199293

Post by 63tty »

I really appreciate this review. It was so informative. Nobody really is closed minded though, if we say that, we are merely being judgmental too. We all just have our opinions and they all matter.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”