Official Review: Coached to Greatness by John M. Hawkins

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Official Review: Coached to Greatness by John M. Hawkins

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Coached to Greatness" by John M. Hawkins.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Are you at a place in life where you feel like your career is not progressing at the pace you want? Is your business not flourishing the way you had expected? And your grades are not what they should be? What more can you do when the results are not commensurate with the effort you are putting in? A coach might be what you need. After all, behind every successful athlete in the world is a brilliant coach.

In Coached to Greatness: Unlock Your Full Potential with Limitless Growth, coach and leader John M. Hawkins shares strategies that will help you evaluate where you are, where you want to be, and how to get to where you want to be. To achieve your goals, you need to understand your why’s and begin with the end in mind. If the motivation behind your why is solid, putting in the work will be easier. To get different results, you might have to change old habits. Change can be difficult, but it is necessary for growth. The author advises readers to ease into change gradually, as too many drastic changes all at once can lead to chaos.

The coherent structure of the book enhances the flow between chapters. Although the chapters cover different topics, they have a similar format. For instance, each chapter begins with lessons and guidelines, followed by a focus section and a reflection section. The focus section prompts readers to identify areas in their lives that need improving. The reflection sections contain questions that require the reader to introspect and explore solutions. The focus and reflection sections give the book a practical edge.

I believe this book can propel any reader to greatness. It will challenge you to improve yourself holistically and fine-tune your mind, body, and soul. The guidelines are direct and practical. For instance, in Chapter 8, the author wrote about his weight loss journey and shares seven tactics that helped him achieve his ideal weight. On the seventh tactic, the author recommends standing instead of sitting. According to him, standing burns calories. I searched for journal articles relating to this tactic and most confirmed his claim. I like the author’s use of in-text citations; they lend credibility to his tactics and attest to the extensive research conducted.

The book was professionally edited as I came across only a few errors. The book contains no profanity and is suitable for readers across all religious backgrounds. There was nothing I disliked about the book, and I am delighted to award it a rating of 4 out of 4 stars.

This book will appeal to readers who have a desire to achieve more in life and are on the lookout for practical guidance. From the comfort of your own home, it can help you transition from mediocre to great. I recommend it to readers of all ages. It offers practical guidance that can apply to day-to-day scenarios.

Coached to Greatness
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

This books is surely a must-read for everyone. I believe the book is rich in knowledge to help one get to a desired goal in life. Great review.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

We should all read this book, as there is always room for greatness. Thank you for fascinating review!
Saint Bruno
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

I like it when an author's claim is verifiable. I am sure this book will be beneficial to me. Thanks a lot for the awesome review and recommendation.
Tarilan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarilan.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Tarilan »

This book is a great inspirational read for anyone who loves self-help books. Thanks for the recommendation.
Tonze
Currently Reading: Don't Sweat the Small Stuff
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonze.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Post by Tonze »

Wow! The book sound to be interesting,informative and practical. I am a fan of self-help book. every time I pick one there are always something that can be applicable in our daily life. and this one seems to be special. This is a must read for me. I like that part of weight loss journey of the author I can't wait to find out if he achieved what he wanted. Thanks your insightful review!
Currently Reading:

Chigo Nwagboso wrote: 06 Dec 2020, 02:47 This books is surely a must-read for everyone. I believe the book is rich in knowledge to help one get to a desired goal in life. Great review.
Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment :tiphat:
Currently Reading:

Tonze wrote: 06 Dec 2020, 14:28 Wow! The book sound to be interesting,informative and practical. I am a fan of self-help book. every time I pick one there are always something that can be applicable in our daily life. and this one seems to be special. This is a must read for me. I like that part of weight loss journey of the author I can't wait to find out if he achieved what he wanted. Thanks your insightful review!
Hey Tonze, I trust you'll enjoy the book. Thanks for taking the time to read the review and engage. Appreciated.
Currently Reading:

Tarilan wrote: 06 Dec 2020, 10:44 This book is a great inspirational read for anyone who loves self-help books. Thanks for the recommendation.
It is my pleasure Tarilan. Thanks for stopping by!
Currently Reading:

Saint Bruno wrote: 06 Dec 2020, 09:27 I like it when an author's claim is verifiable. I am sure this book will be beneficial to me. Thanks a lot for the awesome review and recommendation.
Thank you for taking the time to read the review and leave a comment Bruno! Appreciated.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”