Review by turtleman1878 -- Who Am I, Where Am I, Where A...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
turtleman1878
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-turtleman1878.html
Latest Review: Who Am I, Where Am I, Where Am I Going by Dee

Review by turtleman1878 -- Who Am I, Where Am I, Where A...

Post by turtleman1878 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Am I, Where Am I, Where Am I Going" by Dee.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Who Am I, Where Am I, Where Am I Going is a non-fiction book written by Dee C. and is written from the perspective of the author. The book is mainly about the personal experiences of the author such as the abuse that she had with her alcoholic father and how she helped him to break free from his addiction. The author described herself as someone who wants to "fix" people with problems and because of this, she made some regrettable decisions that led to further abuse and hardships.

The author in time learned from her mistakes and slowly led herself towards a better life. The book was mainly a self-help book that I found very interesting. It started off with a narrative about the authors' life and then explained what she did to fix the difficult problems she was facing. What stood out the most about the book is that there were instances of swear words in the beginning, but these uses were minor, so that was largely inconsequential in my opinion.

What I liked most about the book is how the author tries to encourage those who might be facing difficult problems in their life. I like how she provides an interactive activity at the end of the book and I feel that people who are facing difficulties in their life would need to read this book the most. There was also a lot of character development because the author seemed like a mess at the beginning, but grew more mature later on and found solutions to her problems.

There was nothing that I disliked about the book because it was exceedingly well put together. There were only some minor swear words at the beginning of the story and a few grammatical errors. In my opinion, this book would also be better read by adults since there were instances of gang, rape, and drugs. Other than that, I found the book to be very well made and written.

Overall, I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. Even though this is a great book, I gave it the rating I did because there were 10 or more errors in the story. For this reason, the book is only somewhat professionally edited. Other than that, I loved the character development of the story and I feel that the narrations on the author's experiences were well-written and detailed which gave me a lot of insight into her situation. If someone is in need of a great self-help book, I think this one is an exceptional choice.

Who Am I, Where Am I, Where Am I Going
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”