Official Review: The Curious Case of the Corona(Virus)

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Official Review: The Curious Case of the Corona(Virus)

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Curious Case of the Corona(Virus)" by NiKo.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Curious Case of the Corona(Virus) by NiKo is a non-fiction book that gives various viewpoints and thoughts on the pandemic caused by the coronavirus. The writer uses a direct and simple style to express his opinions, but he also offers accurate and detailed information in the text.

The author firstly focuses on the uncertainty caused by Covid-19. He discusses the issues faced by graduates, who are struggling to find a place where they can work and earn a living. Further, the writer explores the anxiety that individuals face, as they are worried about the future and how they will be able to support their family if they are laid off by the company that is employing them. In particular, the author is concerned about the tourism sector, which has been hit very hard by the pandemic. Moreover, the author refers to the people that are trapped due to the nationwide lockdowns imposed by numerous governments. Many people that have come to cities from villages are not allowed to return to their home villages, so they are stuck in poor slums in urban centers. There are also some people who are paranoid and extremely worried about their health.

This book had many attributes that I enjoyed and liked. More precisely, the writer expressed various people's opinions regarding the pandemic. He also explained his personal opinions, using logical arguments to support his beliefs. The author also structured this book expertly, dividing it into logical and coherent chapters. What I liked most about this book was that the author’s tone and style were unique and original, which grasped my attention.

One of the things which I disliked in this book was the fact that the author added irrelevant details and repeated himself frequently, which created a boring mood in the text. What I disliked most about this book was that it was unprofessionally edited because I found a plethora of errors in the text.

This book is will be enjoyed most by readers of both genders and all ages who are interested in books about the coronavirus pandemic. This book is especially suited for readers who want to learn people’s views on Covid-19. Readers of all religions, as well as non-religion, can appreciate this book.

In conclusion, I give this book a rating of 2 out of 4 stars. I did not give it a higher score because it was slightly uninteresting and poorly edited. It would be unfair to give it the lowest possible score since the author was original, rational, and persuasive in the text.

The Curious Case of the Corona(Virus)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Awesomeliker
Currently Reading: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-awesomeliker.html
Latest Review: The Demon of the Well by James B. Hendricks

Post by Awesomeliker »

I'm a senior student in Cyprus and I'm really worried about exams and university applications so this book seems to cover a lot of my concerns. It kind of makes sense that it's not well-edited since the author took less than 10 months to write and publish it. Great review!!
Live your life in a way that you won't look back and regret things :D
GianKosi77
Favorite Author: M. Curtis McCoy
Currently Reading: Divided World
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giankosi77.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
fav_author_id: 197138

Post by GianKosi77 »

A good novel on contemporary issues; it is worth reading given that the entire world is faced with this pandemic. Too bad that the book is not professionally edited. I hope the author can check on that. Thanks for a clear review.
And a highway will be there; it will be called the Way of Holiness.
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

This one seems informative. However, the view that it's uninteresting and poorly edited is a pass. Thank you for your honest review 👌
Unique Ego
Favorite Book: The Tales of Little Lady M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-ego.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Unique Ego »

The current global health crisis has cause damage to more than just our health. Although this book is mainly the author's perspective, I love that he tries to cover the different ways the corona virus has altered our world. Sounds like an informed read.
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

In current times, it's easy to jump on the bandwagon and write about Covid. However, it is difficult to stand out amongst the overload of information that we receive on this topic, and according to your review, this book falls short.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”