Official Review: A Vanishing Kind

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Re: Official Review: A Vanishing Kind

Post by Saint Bruno »

I think the authors' efforts and achievements in helping conserve wildlife is commendable. And they do it with passion! I would love to read their story. Thanks for the amazing review and recommendation.
Iva Stoyanova
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iva-stoyanova.html
Latest Review: Tau Ceti: A Ship from Earth by George T. Hahn
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Iva Stoyanova »

I don't normally read biographies so I'll pass on this one. It must be interesting for wildlife enthusiast though!
"You can be more aware and more present simply by resting in the present moment, open to all that is, without trying to control it or grasp it with the mind. Truly, a marvelous way of being!"

Richard L. Haight
Seamstress
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84

Post by Seamstress »

I am Greenpeace active member, so any, admittedly meager, chance to read this book was blown by the cover alone. I have no idea what kind of skin he has on head, but in my opinion wildlife must be preserved and protected. I am not even sorry that I will skip this biography.
Joy C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 558
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-c.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Joy C »

Though not an area of interest for me, I think the book is written about a just cause, and would be educative and also definitive for those with interests in wildlife and conservation.
Thanks for a well written and detailed review.
Begin always with the end in mind. :techie-studyingbrown:
Jorge Leon Salazar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

I love books about nature and wildlife. This seems to be an invaluable biography that exposes the difficulties the author had to face in achieving all he accomplished in his life regarding conservation. This is a fascinating read for lovers of wildlife conservation.
Miraphery
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miraphery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Miraphery »

Establishing an organization to save animals from extinction is a good cause. John found what he loved doing and is fully engaged in it, that's commendable. Thanks for the review.
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

I like that the author seeks to protect wildlife and their habitat. Australia is a beautiful country.
rusyalana
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 156

Post by rusyalana »

Non fiction books are not my cup of tea but I've read the review and the book in general seems pretty interesting. It tells about Australia and its wildlife, about the influence of plants and animals which are important for preservation. I'm sure the book will find its reader. Congratulations on becoming BOTD!
Aisha_123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-123.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Aisha_123 »

I am not a fan of memoirs but I would love to read how the author protected wild life. It's a mystery why a person would want to hunt them. Great review!
Vine Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vine-michael.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Vine Michael »

A lot of people, including me, don't really notice the danger of extinction that animals and plants are dealt with. Vanishing kind really brings all these things to our notice.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: A Vanishing Kind' by John Wamsley and Stephen L Davey is clear and appealing! The readers are able to connect with the plants and animals while reading about keeping them safe from extinction in the review! The point that the author's intimate knowledge of the workings of the natural environment aided his efforts in conservation is worth mentioning in the review! The review gives the readers valuable information about the author! Nice to learn that the book contains a wealth of information on wildlife conservation techniques!
Catherine15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catherine15.html
Latest Review: Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog by Michelle Lander Feinberg

Post by Catherine15 »

Well detailed review, lovers of wildlife conservation will be more enlightened, because this genre contains whole lot of information on how to keep animals in order not to go into extinction. Its an educative one.
Katherine Smith
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 524">Nancy Drew</a>
Currently Reading: The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe
Bookshelf Size: 504
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-smith.html
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Reading Device: B01KVZV52A

Post by Katherine Smith »

This sounds like a great read for all ages. I do not think that I have read a book about conservation before, but I hope many more are to follow. I like that the story is set in Australia and focuses on their efforts to preserve their animals. When I read about this book, I thought about how many people were involved in the rescue and rehabilitation of wild animals when Australia dealt with the numerous wildfires a couple of years ago.
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

It is very intriguing to know how John faced the challenges brought about by the corrupt officials as he strived hard to succeed with his plans to protect and care for the native plants and animals. I am looking forward to digging into this gem of a book and be enlightened about his noble cause. Congrats!
xsquare
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xsquare.html
Latest Review: Kitty and Kat - MiceQuest by Robert Beals III

Post by xsquare »

This seems like a great book for nature-lovers. Kudos to John and Proo for fighting for such an important cause. Thanks for the great review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”